Life has no purpose.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#46New Post! Jun 30, 2010 @ 00:56:47
@KronDonSmoker Said

I dont think there is a general purpose to life other than to recreate..But each individual controls there own life and to me its up to the individual on what there purpose in life is..Weather its Helping people, researching, sports star it up to you. Thats how i see it at least

agree
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#47New Post! Jun 30, 2010 @ 00:57:27
@SparklyKatie Said

This is a discussion from another forum I go to but I thought I'd see what people thought of it here.

Human arrogance often leads people to assume such silly notions as 'meaning' or 'purpose' to our existence.

Purpose is the ultimate goal of an action intentionally undertaken.

Life is not an action that was intentionally undertaken, life does not have an ultimate goal, hence there is no purpose to life.

Discuss.

Go outside and get some sunshine.

#48New Post! Jun 30, 2010 @ 01:00:21
@IHateDave Said

We each give life purpose. Society used to ensure that we met certain goals and those were our purpose. Things liek babies, marriage, a house etc. Now people are living for themselves. Sometimes this is good and sometimes not so good. Long are the days when you had to have a goal of getting married, having kids etc.

I think when we have have goals and set out to achieve them we are serving a purpose.

I would hate to think otherwise.

the prime purpose is to survive. If we are not alive then no other purpose is possible.
Eastender On August 13, 2010

Deleted
Banned

, Falkland Islands (Islas Malv
#49New Post! Jun 30, 2010 @ 01:05:33
@Erimitus Said

the prime purpose is to survive. If we are not alive then no other purpose is possible.

Is that really a purpose or a prime need? Like the purpose of a car is for fast efficient personal transport, but to do that it needs fuel, maintenance, etc.

#50New Post! Jun 30, 2010 @ 01:37:17
@Eastender Said

Is that really a purpose or a prime need? Like the purpose of a car is for fast efficient personal transport, but to do that it needs fuel, maintenance, etc.

You are correct. Not purpose but need. Values (that which is of worth) are based on desires (wants and needs) and the primary value is to survive because if we are not alive no other values are possible.

what do you think?
Eastender On August 13, 2010

Deleted
Banned

, Falkland Islands (Islas Malv
#51New Post! Jun 30, 2010 @ 01:40:26
@Erimitus Said

You are correct. Not purpose but need. Values (that which is of worth) are based on desires (wants and needs) and the primary value is to survive because if we are not alive no other values are possible.

what do you think?

Id say survival is the prime need, to allow us to follow life's purpose of living and experiencing.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#52New Post! Jun 30, 2010 @ 14:03:07
@Erimitus Said

Makes sense to me

Cool. I was a bit deliriously underslept; I was struggling with the coherency thing...

#53New Post! Jun 30, 2010 @ 19:09:09
@chisa96 Said

Cool. I was a bit deliriously underslept; I was struggling with the coherency thing...

I have the coherency stuggle underslept or not
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#54New Post! Jun 30, 2010 @ 19:11:54
@Erimitus Said

I have the coherency stuggle underslept or not

Ah, so that's why you were able to understand me then.
ssnot_me On February 01, 2016

big D, Texas
#55New Post! Jun 30, 2010 @ 19:20:13
@aquine Said

God's purpose is creation. As we were made in his image we are meant to reflect his glory. Satan frustrates God's purpose.

seems kinda silly for god to create something that will frustrate his purpose
ssnot_me On February 01, 2016

big D, Texas
#56New Post! Jun 30, 2010 @ 19:30:39
@SparklyKatie Said

This is a discussion from another forum I go to but I thought I'd see what people thought of it here.

Human arrogance often leads people to assume such silly notions as 'meaning' or 'purpose' to our existence.

Life is not an action that was intentionally undertaken, life does not have an ultimate goal, hence there is no purpose to life.

Discuss.

Purpose is just another 'human' explanation/label to try and understand life.

#57New Post! Jul 01, 2010 @ 12:33:08
@chisa96 Said

Ah, so that's why you were able to understand me then.

<chuckle>
Lfc1892 On August 10, 2010

Deleted

Dublin, Ireland
#58New Post! Jul 01, 2010 @ 12:55:06
I always wondered growing up were we put here on purpose but i realised as i got older there is no purpose only existence on this planet. Our superior intelligence compared to other species has made us believe we are the chosen one's but i believe we are a D.N.A sensation that has evolved into the superpower species on this planet.
cisslybee2012 On January 30, 2013

Deleted

Bronx, New York
#59New Post! Jul 01, 2010 @ 12:56:19
@SparklyKatie Said

Discuss.

The purpose of life is definitely growth. To reach for our inner star. Not as in becoming rich, but in seeing ourselves as part of a whole, and serving humanity with our own sacred gifts. For instance, it's customary to allow bossy people to boss us around but we all are obligated to put those bossy people in check. In other words, submission is an equal violation to natures' rules as domination. Because domination can't go down unless somebody submits to it. So in short, we can't be enslaved or even lied to unless we choose to be.

Nothing worthwhile in life comes easy. Not even our self respect and freedom. The thing is that for every advantage bestowed to a species, an equal disadvantage has to be attached to it because the Gods don't want easy. They want effort. After all, it takes them a long time to complete things. So we can't do nothing but mess up when we're in a rush to do anything. Seems fair.

And additionally, we have to learn everything by investigation. We are born knowing nothing and have no natural instincts to comply with natures' rules as animals do. So we have to learn by investigation everything that comes to animals naturally. And because people have the greatest advantage of all earthly creatures, we therefore have the biggest ding to match that. The ego. It's the ego that keeps us from understanding the vital importance of complying with natural law, and precisely what theologians call the devil.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs