Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
aneil On February 20, 2023

Freeport, Trinidad and Tobago
#31New Post! Jun 18, 2010 @ 04:36:52
@GSnap Said

I type too fast to be bothered with correcting a typo as silly as ANd...lol

I figure if you guys can read it, it's okay to let fly.

haha, i hate sometimes when you make a valid point and ppl respond about a typo you made. lol
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#32New Post! Jun 18, 2010 @ 10:03:01
@someone_else Said

Is your shift key sticking?

And on another note...it's been 40 years since he skipped parole and he's been living a totally different life. I can imagine it would be hard to remember something from 40 years ago, no matter how big of a thing it was.

I'd never forget murdering someone. Of course, I don't know what goes on in other people's minds.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#33New Post! Jun 18, 2010 @ 15:26:40
@Mysteria Said

I'd never forget murdering someone. Of course, I don't know what goes on in other people's minds.

I would think I wouldn't either. However, here is a real life situation that I had a sort of second- (or third?) hand experience with.

My sister's friend and a friend of his killed a man. I think the details here are irrelevant. They were caught and were in prison for at least a year before their trial. By the time they were on trial, her friend had already forgotten exactly what happened. Who did what? What order did it happen in?

That was only a year. After 40 years (and considering this guy had a mental condition anyway), I would think that many things would fade. The guy remembers it now that it's been brought up again, but it's amazing what the brain will suppress to protect itself.
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#34New Post! Jun 18, 2010 @ 20:11:40
@someone_else Said

I would think I wouldn't either. However, here is a real life situation that I had a sort of second- (or third?) hand experience with.

My sister's friend and a friend of his killed a man. I think the details here are irrelevant. They were caught and were in prison for at least a year before their trial. By the time they were on trial, her friend had already forgotten exactly what happened. Who did what? What order did it happen in?

That was only a year. After 40 years (and considering this guy had a mental condition anyway), I would think that many things would fade. The guy remembers it now that it's been brought up again, but it's amazing what the brain will suppress to protect itself.

Thanks for posting this. I agree with your last statement and it's made me realize the man should probably not have to spend the rest of his life in prison. I think he belongs in a mental health facility. It's really a strange case. The fact that he's done nothing violent for 40 years surprises me. I've heard that every person will experience mental illness at least once in life, even if it's only temporary insanity. That's probably what happened to this man. Twenty years in prison was a long time, but not long enough for taking a man's life, in my opinion. However, he did serve his sentence and that's what counts. I still think he needs to pay for violating his parole. Isn't that usually a light sentence? I'm not sure. Hopefully, he'll eventually be remorseful now that he knows what he did.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#35New Post! Jun 18, 2010 @ 22:09:19
@Mysteria Said

Thanks for posting this. I agree with your last statement and it's made me realize the man should probably not have to spend the rest of his life in prison. I think he belongs in a mental health facility. It's really a strange case. The fact that he's done nothing violent for 40 years surprises me. I've heard that every person will experience mental illness at least once in life, even if it's only temporary insanity. That's probably what happened to this man. Twenty years in prison was a long time, but not long enough for taking a man's life, in my opinion. However, he did serve his sentence and that's what counts. I still think he needs to pay for violating his parole. Isn't that usually a light sentence? I'm not sure. Hopefully, he'll eventually be remorseful now that he knows what he did.

I totally agree with this
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs