Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#16New Post! Jun 15, 2010 @ 00:31:02
@sTreetAngeL Said

Though we agrued alot, I always got along great with my mom; just never raised a hand, I knew better. But my older sister, I'd kick her a** often...luckily we out grew all of that and get along pretty great too now.. (would be sad if we didn't, at our age and all. )

Yeah. I think with all the hormones flying about for teenage girls it' sjust normal for moms and daughters to fight.
IHateDave On August 25, 2014

My Mommy House, Canada
#17New Post! Jun 15, 2010 @ 00:33:21
One time I was smaller and scared. I growled and Mommy kept poking at me. I bite her in the nose and got her tear ducks too. Teach her not to f with me!
lefty On July 19, 2018
AKA: friendlybear

Oh, Canada
#18New Post! Jun 15, 2010 @ 00:35:32
Some parents need a good slap. Better to come from someone that loves them.
balletbb On November 11, 2011

Calgary, Canada
#19New Post! Jun 16, 2010 @ 04:14:44
if youre parents are gonna be rude enough to hit you, i hit back
Mattjva On August 03, 2016

Corn & Soy beans land, Indiana
#20New Post! Jun 20, 2010 @ 05:21:09
Ive been a lucky parent to two young adults/teens cause it has never been a issue. One thing I am really surprised today is kids think they have authority to make choices and have rights to do whatever. To be honest its sad, cause you sit there and see these kids talk and act like they know it but inside they have no clue. As ive always said why burn your hand to learn the stove is hot? It shouldnt take physical hitting to teach/make a point.
aneil On February 20, 2023

Freeport, Trinidad and Tobago
#21New Post! Jun 20, 2010 @ 05:26:57
@Kristy69 Said

OH HELLLLLL NO!

The only time you should hit back is if they're hitting you REPEATEDLY.

There's an 8 year old. EIGHT YEAR OLD who abuses her mom.

Why, world? WHY?

if its repeated abuse by the parent then its ok; although the kid should tell another adult whats going on.

what kinda parent allows that to happen? even worse, what kinda parent allows it to happen multiple times?
JorieJukebox On January 29, 2024

Right Here, Not There,
#22New Post! Jun 20, 2010 @ 05:29:04
I sometimes wonder, even fantasize, what would have happened if I would have stood up to my stepdad... But at the same time it scares me if my kids ever got to that... At this point I couldn't tell you what I'd do... I can only hope I react with precision and good aim.

JUST KIDDING!!!! I just hope that I react justly and not emotionally... Kids these days... (not MINE of course ) sometimes really scare me, they're so ruthless!
Dragon_pie47 On November 24, 2010

the moon, Massachusetts
#23New Post! Jun 21, 2010 @ 16:44:14
I dont think i would have ever lasted in my house if you didnt shut up and take it. cuz if you hit one parent they both will put aside their fight and beat you up dude. That plus probably try and throw the person who hit 'em outta the house. So now I just listen to whatever my parents has to say and not disagree
Aden On November 28, 2014

, Canada
#24New Post! Jul 03, 2010 @ 17:07:04
I don't think there's an easy answer to this question, wether it's a child hitting their parent or a parent hitting their child.

My mom's a little psycho and I wouldn't dare try to hit her as either her or her boyfriend would probably put me in my place pretty damn quick. She's pretty volatile without me instigating her so I wouldn't really try.

Would be nice if there was a pill to take to cure this behaviour. I don't know why hitting has become so socially acceptable.
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#25New Post! Jul 03, 2010 @ 17:54:49
I've fought with my Mum twice (as in hitting).

The first time I was 17, and she slapped me, and I just thought 'No, I'm not a child anymore, find a better way' and slapped her back. Probably not the best thing, but she did stop treating me like a child...once she'd calmed down and my Dad had stepped in and said she was wrong to hit me in the first place

The second time...well, Alcohol was involved heavily on her part, which is never a good thing, and I walked away bruised with a fractured hand and moved in with my Grandparents

But we're good now, and as a kid it was rare I would be smacked.

My Dad, NEVER smacked me, but I have bruised him playing swordfighting and karate
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#26New Post! Jul 03, 2010 @ 17:58:13
@chisa96 Said

I'm currently trying to break Justin of this. We grab him by the wrist mid swing (however hard is swinging is how hard the slap of his wrist will be as we catch it) and give him our harshest no, and a time out if he complains about the treatment. He's getting better; you can see him starting to sometimes, but he stops now at least.

Could I be nosey and ask how old is your Justin and why or where did he get the idea he could hit you ?

I raised three kids as a single parent . Two sons and a daughter. i got my bluff in on them early . I mean like before they were walking good . When they started crawling and would be getting into something that was none of their bee wax , I would startle them with a loud NO and thump their little fat hand .By the time they were walking a NO from me had them headed back to their toys. Of course that all ended as they started school and learned new and exciting things like some kids were allowed to talk back and had never been bluffed or startled ok scared by any adult with any kind of noise or thump. The first time my oldest stood up and flat out told me " No, I won't pick up those toys !" I ask him what the hell did you just say ? " he stood a little straighter and said " I told you No I won't because I don't want to " I grabbed him spun him around and smacked his a** twice with the flat of my hand , with the first smack I said Who , and the second smack came with an 'ask' . he was so freaked because never made a habit of hitting my kids , up until then they minded 'voice commands' ( yes I know , that sounds like I'm talking about trained animals ) but I would rather have a kid trained to 'voice' then have one that will not listen at all . Any ways , the next time he decided to 'call my bluff' he was 15 years old and was about 7 inches taller and had about 20 pounds over me . I looked around reached over and picked up the fire place shovel and told him he better make it a good one because if I got up he was going down . he decided not to try me and went to his room . Which I don't mind saying I was sure glad of . He had been playing football all year and was a solid mass of big boy . that wimpy little shovel wouldn't have done much more then just pissed him off if he had been serious.

The other two would push the envelope and be smart mouths but neither ever tried to call my bluff .
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#27New Post! Jul 03, 2010 @ 18:26:53
He's 3. I posted before I realized that this was in the teen section.

As far as where he got the idea, god only knows. I'm told that it's a phase most little kids go through.

I think that we're past it now though. He hasn't done it in a little while now at the least.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs