common sense

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
claudibeee On July 06, 2014
Pagan and proud

, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Jun 08, 2010 @ 13:04:25
I think it should be called uncommon sense, in my case, judging by the messes I can get myself into on a regular basis.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#18New Post! Jun 08, 2010 @ 18:24:33
@nooneinparticular Said

Yes but people assign greater meaning to the term common sense. They assume that the knowledge is common and as a result assume that anyone that doesn't know or understand it is not as smart or 'uselessly' smart.

====
nooneinparticular: [some] people assign greater meaning to the term common sense.
----
Erimitus: Yes some will assign greater (and different) meanings.
----
nooneinparticular: They assume that the knowledge is common and as a result assume that anyone that doesn't know or understand it is not as smart or 'uselessly' smart.
----
Erimitus: Yes and the irony is that they are the ones who are lacking. It is best not to laugh at them though. They do not realize it.

#19New Post! Jun 08, 2010 @ 18:33:17
@claudibeee Said

I think it should be called uncommon sense, in my case, judging by the messes I can get myself into on a regular basis.

----

Erimitus: Maybe common sense (not being all that common) is a misnomer. Maybe the messes we do not get into far outnumber the one we do but we focus on the bad and ignore the good thereby gaining more common sense.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#20New Post! Jun 09, 2010 @ 08:54:49
@Erimitus Said

----

Erimitus: Maybe common sense (not being all that common) is a misnomer. Maybe the messes we do not get into far outnumber the one we do but we focus on the bad and ignore the good thereby gaining more common sense.

Possibly.

I've heard this said before, 'Failures are far more useful than success, because success allows you to learn nothing, while failure is an opportunity to learn what went wrong.'

#21New Post! Jun 09, 2010 @ 12:08:38
@nooneinparticular Said

Possibly.

I've heard this said before, 'Failures are far more useful than success, because success allows you to learn nothing, while failure is an opportunity to learn what went wrong.'

yes
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs