Did NASA really land on the moon?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
SnowComa On August 18, 2010

Deleted

La Follette, Tennessee
#16New Post! May 27, 2010 @ 00:15:39
I think the Moon itself is a hoax. But that's just me.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#17New Post! May 27, 2010 @ 00:16:50
if it was staged.
what did all nations watch going to the moon, then coming back?
sazac On March 26, 2011

Somewhere Ville, Canada
#18New Post! Jun 12, 2010 @ 02:37:20
My personal belief is that NASA did land on the moon (They would abviously bring back samples and such, and we've heard no complaints from scientists about not getting any.) but I assume something happened to their original footage, so they had to re-make it. (There seems to be much, well, I wouldn't say "Proof", but it seems to look that way.)
CrockyWock On June 14, 2010

, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Jun 14, 2010 @ 16:21:28
I can't believe it was faked.
Firstly why would they waste that much money on faking it?

1.The flag was flying outwards because they put a rod in it so it would hang straight. Any movement caused was momentum from somebody moving the flagpole.

2.Mythbusters have proven that it is perfectly possible for Aldrin to have been photographed in the shade and still appear as if illuminated, due to light reflecting off the module.

3. The reason the sky is black is because the moon has no atmosphere. It is sunlight refracting and reflecting in gases in the Earth's atmosphere which gives us our blue sky. There are no stars in the sky in the photos, because the Earth has an atmosphere which shields us from the sunlight and enables us to see them. The moon doesn't have this atmosphere.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#20New Post! Jun 14, 2010 @ 16:26:10
@CrockyWock Said
3. The reason the sky is black is because the moon has no atmosphere. It is sunlight refracting and reflecting in gases in the Earth's atmosphere which gives us our blue sky. There are no stars in the sky in the photos, because the Earth has an atmosphere which shields us from the sunlight and enables us to see them. The moon doesn't have this atmosphere.

Good points, but a quick correction. There are no stars because it's daytime. Stars are very very faint - try to take a picture of some sometime.

Go outside at night and shine some car headlights on a person. Take their picture, making sure to get the night sky in the background. There will be no stars in the picture because they are far too faint compared to the main, illuminated subject.

If you wanted to take a picture on the surface of the moon in the daytime with the full sun shining on you, and have stars appear in the background, you would need to set the exposure so high that the person in the photograph was overexposed so much they were a block of solid white.
nikefatcat On March 11, 2023

amsterdam, Netherlands
#21New Post! Jun 14, 2010 @ 16:31:21
Is this seriously a topic? Are there people out there who still don't believe man landed on the moon? As for CrockyWock's Number #1, I will say that IF they were to spend money on faking it, it was because the space race came during the height of the cold war and we were "racing" the Russians to the moon. We had to win that race and plant our flag their first, so we wouldn't have seen it as a waste. However, I do not believe that it was faked in anyway...I mean seriously, find a new conspiracy theory to think about.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Jun 14, 2010 @ 16:34:41
Lol of course they did, scientists use mirrors on the moon placed by astronauts every day to measure the distance with lasers.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#23New Post! Jun 14, 2010 @ 16:43:12
Well, of course it was faked. I mean, think about it-- Why wouldn't the US spend millions for bragging rights?

They're building big ships for 2012 too. That's right. It's going to go down just like in the movie.
magus On October 12, 2010

Anchorage, Alaska
#24New Post! Jun 16, 2010 @ 06:07:14
@SnowComa Said

I think the Moon itself is a hoax. But that's just me.

same here. it's just a reflection of the earth. i don't believe that there is a sun? they are all illusions. not to mention, what is so hip about the moon anyway?

Deleted

La Follette, Tennessee
#25New Post! Jun 16, 2010 @ 06:10:15
@magus Said

same here. it's just a reflection of the earth. i don't believe that there is a sun? they are all illusions. not to mention, what is so hip about the moon anyway?

The moon would be a lot hipper if it were a square.
magus On October 12, 2010

Anchorage, Alaska
#26New Post! Jun 16, 2010 @ 06:22:26
@SnowComa Said

The moon would be a lot hipper if it were a square.

i guess so? you know, it may only be an optical illusion, that our planets are round? my theory comes from driving in the foggy rain? you become blind to oncoming cars from the side.

side = edges

Deleted

La Follette, Tennessee
#27New Post! Jun 16, 2010 @ 06:26:37
@magus Said

i guess so? you know, it may only be an optical illusion, that our planets are round? my theory comes from driving in the foggy rain? you become blind to oncoming cars from the side.

side = edges

You never know. The Earth could really be flat. If it were, I can think of several people I'd push over the edge.
Sebastian On July 14, 2010

Small Mountain toen in the hea
#28New Post! Jun 16, 2010 @ 06:39:05
I really don't think they faked it, because the evidence to prove they did far outweighs the opposition. Not to mention, the sheer number of people involved if it was some kind of fake, would require quite the extensive network for this conspiracy to work. And after all these years, not one person involved, either directly or indirectly, has ever come forward and said that the government faked it (at least to my admitted limited knowledge).

Also. we all know how good the government is at keeping secrets. If this was a fake, someone would have squealed and brought forth proof. Also, please remember, there was more than one American craft to land men on the moon. SO even if the first one was faked, there's no rhyme or reason to do so again. It would be too much of a risk if they did. But what do I know....
FinchMeister On December 08, 2018
R8UpLittleTramps@ss

ReganNormanMinionluv,
#29New Post! Jun 16, 2010 @ 06:42:16
@SnowComa Said

You never know. The Earth could really be flat. If it were, I can think of several people I'd push over the edge.

Oh so do I! I can name a few names! I'd like to send to the end of the universe!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs