Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...15 16 17
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#241New Post! May 24, 2010 @ 19:36:07
@Charlemagne Said

Jailing and asset seizure of greedy American business owners would be an excellent place to start. Everyone is aware of this but no politicians are going to risk votes.

Blame? None of the local Houstonians I know are even remotely interested in "blame", long past that. They're sick and tired of the current situation as it stands, tired of the government turning a blind eye while US banks accept bogus Mexican embassy issued "Matricula" cards as ID suitable for banking purposes. Every where you look, signs read "NO SS# REQUIRED"...

Google "Reconquista"..."Azatlan" "La Raza"... and tell me if you still doubt the existence of an Anti American subculture in our midst.

On the one hand you have the Border Patrol, whose job it is to intercept illegal aliens as they enter the country. And on the other hand you have the Treasury Department, which is encouraging exactly those illegal aliens if they're able to evade the Border Patrol, to open a bank account once they're here.

Meanwhile, the U.S. Trade deficit with Mexico for the last year surpassed $45 billion.

Mexican citizens cross our border illegally and many of them send their earnings back to Mexico. Those earnings have added up to nearly $17 billion in the past year. Remittances, as they're called, are expected to become Mexico's primary source of income this year, surpassing the amount of money that Mexico makes on oil exports for the first time ever.

Hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens are using bank accounts
in this country to send those remittances home, and many U.S. banks are now aggressively helping illegal aliens open those accounts. Those banks refer to the practice in the politically correct vernacular as banking the un-banked.

Madness.

I didn't realise that went on, thanks for the info. I do think that if people are allowed to take advantage they will, be it Mexicans, Americans, British or any other nationality. Perhaps if the government did more to discourage it people wouldn't be so inclined to risk being arrested or shot to have a piece.

It does seem a bit counterproductive the banks being able to get away with doing that when it's a real problem.

Can't anything be done? Either to stop banks doing things like that or stop some Americans exploiting a cheap labour force?
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#242New Post! May 25, 2010 @ 04:24:13
@SparklyKatie Said

I didn't realise that went on, thanks for the info. I do think that if people are allowed to take advantage they will, be it Mexicans, Americans, British or any other nationality. Perhaps if the government did more to discourage it people wouldn't be so inclined to risk being arrested or shot to have a piece.

It does seem a bit counterproductive the banks being able to get away with doing that when it's a real problem.

Can't anything be done? Either to stop banks doing things like that or stop some Americans exploiting a cheap labour force?

My sentiments exactly!
rocket48 On May 23, 2013

, Texas
#243New Post! May 25, 2010 @ 12:25:23
@SparklyKatie Said

Perhaps if the government did more to discourage it people wouldn't be so inclined to risk being arrested or shot to have a piece.

The government does nothing. This is an excellent point. Arizona has taken matters in their own hands and our government is opposed to it. Go figure that out.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...15 16 17

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs