The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Random:
Rants & Raves

My Boss Keeps Asking Me To Give Up My OFF days!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
dolphinluver16 On June 19, 2008

Cincinnati, Ohio
#1New Post! Jan 03, 2006 @ 23:13:28
GRRR! I told her NO today. She wanted me to be at work from 11 til like 4. Had I said yes, I probably would have had to stay for my regular shift (4-11 when I do work). I am off tomorrow as well. I am not going to answer the phone. We have caller ID. I am going to delete any messages on the answering machine. And I will not be at home. I had to give up my off days the last time due to Christmas. And then before that I was asked to come to work. I am sick of it! OFF days are meant to be OFF. I do NOT work those days! If they ever ask me to give up one of my off days again, I will quit. They can f***ing find someone else to do the drinks. I will help out, but I will not come in FIVE HOURS early! I am not the only person they have. If they are going to depend on me, then they will pay the price when I tell them I quit. It's not even that busy anymore. I am really beginning to hate my job.
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#2New Post! Jan 03, 2006 @ 23:14:30
You should do it. For one it's more money for you and two it's a road to a promotion.

Cincinnati, Ohio
#3New Post! Jan 03, 2006 @ 23:17:02
I do help out often, but my point is, is that I am the only one whoever volunteers to help out and it just really frustrates me. Everybody else calls in with stupid stuff saying they can't come to work because they've got a headache or something. I would have gone in today had I not had to get the car to the shop to tell you the truth. I am just fed up though. It's not just about this. I never get breaks, and by law they are supposed to give me breaks here. It sucks doing drive thru.
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Jan 03, 2006 @ 23:17:04
@reiko Said
You should do it. For one it's more money for you and two it's a road to a promotion.

Actually you should be careful with that. Why would you promote someone that you rely on so much to do the job they currently do. It would be hard to replace someone that willingly gives up all their days off.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jan 03, 2006 @ 23:18:19
Im so gonna kick your boss up the a**

Tell her! Show her my pic!!
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#6New Post! Jan 03, 2006 @ 23:19:41
@dolphinluver16 Said
Everybody else calls in with stupid stuff saying they can't come to work because they've got a headache or something.

Better get used to people like that. I had that problem at a clinic I used to work at.
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#7New Post! Jan 03, 2006 @ 23:20:32
@stumblinthrulife Said
Actually you should be careful with that. Why would you promote someone that you rely on so much to do the job they currently do. It would be hard to replace someone that willingly gives up all their days off.
True but after awhile I would worry about losing that person to a competitor.

Cincinnati, Ohio
#8New Post! Jan 03, 2006 @ 23:20:55
@reiko Said
Better get used to people like that. I had that problem at a clinic I used to work at.

I expect it honestly. It's just sucks when you're depended on so much. I'm needed more than anybody else.
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Jan 03, 2006 @ 23:22:06
@reiko Said
True but after awhile I would worry about losing that person to a competitor.

You're putting a lot of faith in your boss having the sense to look ahead. Most people have difficulty thinking one day into the future.
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#10New Post! Jan 03, 2006 @ 23:23:42
@stumblinthrulife Said
You're putting a lot of faith in your boss having the sense to look ahead. Most people have difficulty thinking one day into the future.

I guess you are right. I was thinking if I was the boss I would reward dedication and reliability in an employee.
sweetrnsugar77 On December 22, 2008

Deleted

My Apartment, Oregon
#11New Post! Jan 03, 2006 @ 23:30:40
I think if they are relying on you when people flake out then you are worth more than you realize. Work it to your advantage. Ask for more pay when you work to cover someone's shift. And dont feel bad if you say no or dont answer their cries for help....its your day off.

(This pissy attitude stems from me taking a personal day to get my car into the shop. When I returned my boss asked if I was feeling better. When I said I wasnt sick and told her what I did she said I shouldnt take off days for stuff like that and if my car wasnt working someone would have came and picked me up) WHAT???? I can take a day off if I want, thats what they give them to us for!!!
kinglegend On May 06, 2007

Brisbane, Australia
#12New Post! Jan 03, 2006 @ 23:39:03
Damn right. Don't take that crap, they are called days off for a reason, it is okay if you change your day off occasionally as a favour and for double pay but they shouldn't rely on you so much.
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#13New Post! Jan 04, 2006 @ 01:41:40
I know the feeling, I almost never know when I'm getting an off day. I got off last night at a little after 8 and was soposed to be in today at 11 but my boss woke me up at 5 and I had to go in early. Forunatley I did get off at 2 and did'nt have to work a double shift as I often end up doing when I go in early. Then she called me tonight and ask me if it would be ok to put me on days for a while till the lady who works mornings can come back to work. I said ok because even though it'll take some getting used to , I like the idea of being at home in the evenings with the hubby. It will all work itself out .
good luck toyou and yes we all need an off day.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs