The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Should the US Supreme Court be more diverse?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#46New Post! May 24, 2010 @ 23:56:56
@fractal7221 Said

I don't think whether a candidate makes the court more or less diverse should be used as any sort of determining factor in one candidate over another. The goal is for justice to be blind. With only 9 members its impossible to get a good overall representation of America anyway.

Now that's a very good point you have here!
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#47New Post! May 26, 2010 @ 22:24:06
@Spinkiegirl Said

Well, take someone like a former book store owner. In 1948, he believed that blacks were not smart as whites. He believed that if he allowed blacks in his book store, they would probably steal books instead of buy them. He believed since blacks weren't that smart, why would they come in a book store, books are for whites who know how to read. So he lived his life this way, refusing blacks the opportunity to buy books to read and gain knowledge. This man is what I call being on the "wrong side of history." No matter how much he believed in his views about blacks, we KNOW, his beliefs were NOT based on FACTS! Why in the world, would any decent person, refuse to help another seeking knowledge? Beats me!

So it's about whether or not some 1 really thinks all men are created equal. In other words, every 1 here, and the vast majority of Americans, are on the right side of history then.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#48New Post! May 28, 2010 @ 04:55:13
@fractal7221 Said

I don't think whether a candidate makes the court more or less diverse should be used as any sort of determining factor in one candidate over another. The goal is for justice to be blind. With only 9 members its impossible to get a good overall representation of America anyway.

The court and justice has not been blind. It is VERY important that diversity become the rule and not the all white male half protestant half catholic with a Jewish tie breaker type of "diversity" of the past.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#49New Post! May 28, 2010 @ 04:56:20
@crazylikeafox Said

So it's about whether or not some 1 really thinks all men are created equal. In other words, every 1 here, and the vast majority of Americans, are on the right side of history then.

Getting there. Some of ya still have some work to do!
TenaciousDave On February 11, 2022
The Anus Of Satan

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#50New Post! May 28, 2010 @ 05:03:08
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#51New Post! May 28, 2010 @ 06:30:55
@shinobinoz Said

Getting there. Some of ya still have some work to do!

Like who?

Chicago, Illinois
#52New Post! May 28, 2010 @ 07:07:11
@crazylikeafox Said

You could look at it that way.....that's not how I do, and I certainly would NEVER tell anyone what they should believe. But, if you say "all men are created equal"......and that's what you believe.....then don't you think your actions should reflect your beliefs? I don't claim to know what the "vast" majority of Americans believe....I can only speak for myself, I am of the STRONG belief that you say what you mean, and mean what you say! Even though, it's been pointed out to me time after time, that back in the days of American slavery, most slave owners and white people, DIDN'T believe blacks were human! Ok, maybe that's true, but if that's the case....then I can only accept that....and rely on MY personal views about folks like that....and in my mind, I will see people with those beliefs as being "on the wrong side of history." We no longer enslave blacks in America, right? And is that because it was wrong and evil? Yes! There's my point! How can anyone come upon a black person, and NOT believe that person is a human? INSANE!!!

Chicago, Illinois
#53New Post! May 28, 2010 @ 07:14:06
@shinobinoz Said

The court and justice has not been blind. It is VERY important that diversity become the rule and not the all white male half protestant half catholic with a Jewish tie breaker type of "diversity" of the past.

Couldn't have said it any better Bro!!! I live in a diverse world, I want my leaders to be diverse as well! Makes PERFECT sense to me!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#54New Post! May 30, 2010 @ 22:46:55
@crazylikeafox Said

Like who?

Some! Some are completely lost!
mousebox On February 04, 2022

Tickle Harbour, Canada
#55New Post! May 30, 2010 @ 23:31:16
Yes - they should have a Canadian on the Supreme Court!!!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#56New Post! May 30, 2010 @ 23:41:41
@mousebox Said

Yes - they should have a Canadian on the Supreme Court!!!

Damn border control!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs