Forums:
TFS+

Honkie Makes Me Giggle

AuthorMessage
roxyfoxypuddingpie On May 27, 2010

Deleted

Zombieland, Canada
#1New Post! May 19, 2010 @ 04:03:12
I was just reading some of the racism threads, and got to thinking. I am more offended by racial slurs directed at other ethnicities, then any that are directed at my own. The term honkie and cracker make me giggle. I would probably high five someone who ever directed these words at me fueled by hatred. On the other hand though, if someone were to direct racial slurs at a person of a different ethnicity then my own, it offends me. Is it because I myself, have never faced ethnic persecution? I am not entirely sure. It's strange how I could be appalled at one, and entertained by the other.
What about you boys and girls?
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#2New Post! May 19, 2010 @ 04:06:07
I'm the exact same way!!

And I've been dying to find out forever from where the word honkie comes from? What the hell does it even mean really?
(likened unto the honk of a duck when we talk, or something - nobody seems to know, and I have asked other races! lol )
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#3New Post! May 19, 2010 @ 04:06:08
I agree with you, I can completely disregard any comments made about my race (not that there really have been any... mabe that's why) but I tend to go overboard when defending other people, if anything, most of the time when they could care less as well.
foxytrot On February 04, 2015
Turtle Ninja

Oceanside, California
#4New Post! May 19, 2010 @ 04:06:46
@roxyfoxypuddingpie Said

I was just reading some of the racism threads, and got to thinking. I am more offended by racial slurs directed at other ethnicities, then any that are directed at my own. The term honkie and cracker make me giggle. I would probably high five someone who ever directed these words at me fueled by hatred. On the other hand though, if someone were to direct racial slurs at a person of a different ethnicity then my own, it offends me. Is it because I myself, have never faced ethnic persecution? I am not entirely sure. It's strange how I could be appalled at one, and entertained by the other.
What about you boys and girls?

I laugh at all racial slurs, because all I have to say is, "Hey, your ignorance is showing." Of course some continue, but that just goes to show they don't even know when to shut up.

I would probably drop down and seriously roll if someone called me a honkie out of hatred
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#5New Post! May 19, 2010 @ 04:06:56
@sTreetAngeL Said

I'm the exact same way!!

And I've been dying to find out forever from where the word honkie comes from? What the hell does it even mean really?
(likened unto the honk of a duck when we talk, or something - nobody seems to know, and I have asked other races! lol )

Never heard of it before either but my guess is Canadian goose + hockey = honkie.
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#6New Post! May 19, 2010 @ 04:09:35
@eternus_somnium Said

Never heard of it before either but my guess is Canadian goose + hockey = honkie.

I somehow don't think that's it either, but nice try!

Deleted

Zombieland, Canada
#7New Post! May 19, 2010 @ 04:10:54
I just read some really interesting notions on the urban dictionary site defining honkie. I don't know what I can post though, with the tfs copy right rules anymore. But they were interesting.
foxytrot On February 04, 2015
Turtle Ninja

Oceanside, California
#8New Post! May 19, 2010 @ 04:11:59
Isn't honkie becuase white people listen to honkey tonk music?
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#9New Post! May 19, 2010 @ 04:19:09
@sTreetAngeL Said

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honky

[smile]https://i.tfster.com/tfs/images/galleries/thumb_0ed75c8d36abfbae9415f63b4a469e29.gif">

Deleted

Zombieland, Canada
#10New Post! May 19, 2010 @ 04:19:25
@foxytrot Said

I must say, that I do love this song.

root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#11New Post! May 19, 2010 @ 14:48:09
@foxytrot Said

Well gee, nobody seems to know for sure ...just alot of theories.
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#12New Post! May 19, 2010 @ 14:50:48
This just reminds me of Peter Griffin in court - "Awful lotta honkies in here!"
TheMightyOz On March 17, 2015
Awooga!

Luton, United Kingdom
#13New Post! May 19, 2010 @ 15:13:55
I'd never heard the term cracker as a racial insult until Monday's episode of Cleveland. I thought it was just a thing you pulled at Chistmas. Or maybe I'm confusing cracker with drunk chick.

As for Honkie, I read a while ago that it is somehow related to Hungarian labourers. Not really sure why that's supposed to be offensive. If someone called me a Hungarian labourer I'd be confused, but not offended.

Deleted

Zombieland, Canada
#14New Post! May 19, 2010 @ 15:48:50
@TheMightyOz Said

I'd never heard the term cracker as a racial insult until Monday's episode of Cleveland. I thought it was just a thing you pulled at Chistmas. Or maybe I'm confusing cracker with drunk chick.

As for Honkie, I read a while ago that it is somehow related to Hungarian labourers. Not really sure why that's supposed to be offensive. If someone called me a Hungarian labourer I'd be confused, but not offended.

Yeah really eh.

I thought that the honking for hookers theory was interesting too. Never heard that before.
Locked<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)