Catholic school pupils forced to wear muslim dress on mosque visit

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#91New Post! May 19, 2010 @ 22:40:35
So the argument as to whether the school are justified in punishing the child for having a racist mum has come down to whether Islam allows art with living creatures in it or not?
sarky On March 11, 2011

london, United Kingdom
#92New Post! May 19, 2010 @ 22:44:37
@jmo Said

So the argument as to whether the school are justified in punishing the child for having a racist mum has come down to whether Islam allows art with living creatures in it or not?

This is due to the argument as to whether kids of other faiths can or cant be pulled out of lessons and they surely do for various reasons!
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#93New Post! May 19, 2010 @ 22:44:50
@jmo Said

The thing is, they haven't actually punished her.

They marked it down as an unauthorised absence - she wasn't ill, or at an appointment, and she didn't have permission to be off by the school. All that will happen is a 'U' will appear on the day the trip was on her attendance record
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#94New Post! May 19, 2010 @ 22:46:17
@sarky Said

This is due to the argument as to whether kids of other faiths can or cant be pulled out of lessons and they surely do for various reasons!

Yes, they can, from RE, for VALID RELIGIOUS reasons. This was NOT a valid reason imo. And in the schools, obviously.
aneil On February 20, 2023

Freeport, Trinidad and Tobago
#95New Post! May 19, 2010 @ 22:47:28
@someone_else Said

What, then, do you think of restaurants that require a gentleman to wear a jacket and tie?

restaurants and clubs that enforce these rules do so becasue theyre "exclusive".
these rules are basically there to exclude people.

i dont think the mosque should be that way toward students that are just visiting.
if a student is interested and wants to return often then the mosque could request that the student dress a certain way.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#96New Post! May 19, 2010 @ 22:52:27
@aneil Said

restaurants and clubs that enforce these rules do so becasue theyre "exclusive".
these rules are basically there to exclude people.

That is not so. They normally have a jacket and tie that you can 'borrow' so you can fit the dress code. I would guess that the mosque had something similar. It's a matter of respect.
aneil On February 20, 2023

Freeport, Trinidad and Tobago
#97New Post! May 20, 2010 @ 02:31:22
@someone_else Said

That is not so. They normally have a jacket and tie that you can 'borrow' so you can fit the dress code. I would guess that the mosque had something similar. It's a matter of respect.

not all, some simply turn you away.

i think respect should not be instilled via a forced dress code. it should come over time as someone understands a religions history.

im a hindu, hindus arent supposed to eat beef. my parents never told me i cant eat beef. over time i understood why the cow is sacred to members of my religion and i made the decision on my own.

i went to a catholic school; going to mass, gatting ashes on ash wednesday were enforced on no-one, not even the catholic students.
this lead to children learning more about their religion because of their own curiousity not because of anyone forcing them to do anything.

ant-islamic sentiments are growing. its their choice if they want to be seen as a controlling force or an ebracing religion that encourages anyone to enter a mosque and learn about islam
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013