UK Elections & Politics

The New Prime Minister

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
carlstss On January 25, 2014

Derby, United Kingdom
#61New Post! May 12, 2010 @ 21:52:06
A lot of my mates who are students and there lives fully depends on EMA, david cameron plans to scrap this and i say thats good, maybe now they will stop d***ing about and get a job.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#62New Post! May 12, 2010 @ 21:54:33
I think SparklyKatie listed the Labour achievements better than I could so instead I shall do what you did with her points to your points.

Taken us into 2 wars - one of which was entirely based on a lie Agree on Iraq, think Afghanistan however is a good thing, notably the Tories supported both wars
Sold half our gold reserves when the price was at the bottom Gold reserves were tiny to begin with and has made pretty much no difference to our economy
Abandoned the 'Golden Rule' of borrowing only to invest not to fund current spending as soon as it was politically expedient Based on the fact he is our most successful chancellor ever, managed to steer us out of recession and is the leading figure in preventing what is happening in Greece from happening across G8 countries makes me think any rules Brown wants to make he can do.
3 years of an 'un-elected' PM ... also lack of bottle to call an election until it had to Wouldn't call that a Labour Failure, no PM's are elected anyway, he was however the leader of an elected party, unlike our current Prime Minister who is leader of a party that did not win
The rise of uncontrolled immigration Overstated, very good for the economy and from my point of view I think immigration has generally been a good thing
The unchecked rise in knife crime Considering Violent crimes as a whole have been on the steady decrease since 1997 I think Labour were indeed tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime
Cool Brittania No comment as unsure what it is
The Dome London, nought to do with me
Peter Mandelson I absolutely love him!
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#63New Post! May 12, 2010 @ 21:56:55
@carlstss Said

A lot of my mates who are students and there lives fully depends on EMA, david cameron plans to scrap this and i say thats good, maybe now they will stop d***ing about and get a job.

EMA was great for me, meant I could focus on my studies without having to be concerned with things like jobs, I could focus on my education.
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#64New Post! May 12, 2010 @ 22:34:49
@carlstss Said

EMA is ?30 a week. I willing to betthey don't compltely depend on that to live. And to get the full amount your parents have to be on a low income - less than ?20,000 at least.

Though with the school leaving age going up, that may actually go out of the window anyway.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#65New Post! May 13, 2010 @ 09:04:23
The only good thing about this is that I sincerely hope Labour get shot of the balls brothers, harman and mandleson. Brown was one of the few genuine people in the party. The rest are worse than the tories.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs