Forums:
Random

Would you "shop" your own kids?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
sarky On March 11, 2011

london, United Kingdom
#1New Post! May 11, 2010 @ 16:22:05
If your kids were breaking the law or mistreating their children, would you inform the authorities or shop them to the Benefit agencies or the police?
Have you been shopped by your parents or a member of your own family?
If so..will you ever forgive them or do you think they did the right thing?
Charlemagne On December 10, 2012

Houston,
#2New Post! May 11, 2010 @ 16:25:40
For me personally, it would depend on the type of crime and whether it was victimless or violent.
JorieJukebox On January 29, 2024

Right Here, Not There,
#3New Post! May 11, 2010 @ 16:32:53
I'd confront them about their actions, depending on how serious it was... tell them how I felt about what they're doing, and if nothing changed, I would take appropriate actions to protect them.
I was acting out a lot when I was a teen, skipping school, running away from home. I got cops called on me, got sent to foster homes, got sent to a halfway house, and finally, got sent to a psychiatric hospital. I forgive my Mom... IDK what I would have done with me! My step-dad, is another story...
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#4New Post! May 11, 2010 @ 17:00:42
It would break my heart..but if they were hurting their kids? - In a heart beat I'd do it!

Fortunately for me though, I'd never be put in such a position.

As for the law in general, as jories said..I'd confront them about what I thought, but wouldn't get involved I don't think...unless it was a murder or something..
but again, that would never happen in our family fortunately.
_Samantha_ On May 19, 2010

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! May 11, 2010 @ 17:13:16
Nope. It would have to be totally extreme for me to do that. I'd resist grassing on anyone frankly.
sarky On March 11, 2011

london, United Kingdom
#6New Post! May 13, 2010 @ 18:43:24
@jorie_13 Said

I'd confront them about their actions, depending on how serious it was... tell them how I felt about what they're doing, and if nothing changed, I would take appropriate actions to protect them.
I was acting out a lot when I was a teen, skipping school, running away from home. I got cops called on me, got sent to foster homes, got sent to a halfway house, and finally, got sent to a psychiatric hospital. I forgive my Mom... IDK what I would have done with me! My step-dad, is another story...

Sometimes its not until kids are adults themselves that they can see why their parents may have took such drastic measures.
Some parents may stand by for example and watch their grandkids get neglected, eg due to alcohol or drug misuse by their parents and feel they have to step in to protect the kids.

Other parents say nothing and can only blame themselves if something serious were to happen to them, as in the baby P case for example.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs