Teens

High School

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
HerbalTea On May 19, 2010

, United States (general)
#31New Post! May 11, 2010 @ 17:39:00
Continuing on to my post... I don't plan on dropping out of high school. I'm actually near the top of my class. I breezed through AP US History this year and I'm expecting to get somewhere around a 4 on the exam. Next year I have AP English, AP Macro, AP Micro, and AP Gov. The thing I just hate is classes I have no interest in whatsoever, such as chemistry and math, and the feelings of uselessness I experience in them.

And about the post about Creative Writing, I had that class before and my teacher adored me! Here's an example of a short story I had to write:

Quote:
Once upon a time, young Charlie scrambled down the hallways of his desolate high school searching desperately for the professor meant to grant him access to his next years Advanced Placement Microeconomics class by the means of a simple signature. With his allotted time ticking down to mere seconds, young Charlie was delighted to realize that he had a stroke of luck; his professor?s booming voice could be heard at the end of the hallway?a bright light at the end of the tunnel of sorts. Forcefully pushing a cart with some preposterous teenager torture device situated firmly upon it, the professor approached our hero surprisingly quickly. Passing Charlie without even a glace of acknowledgement, he turned abruptly into a nearby doorway only to be blocked by an unoccupied chair. Realizing that the Laws of Matter and Volume prevented him from forcing the cart against the unfortunately placed chair, he abandoned his post at the back of the cart and picked it up, and with a barbaric yawp one could consider inappropriate for the teaching setting, he throw it shockingly down the end of the hallway. The sudden tumult caused several heads to turn towards the disgruntled professor and the young boy hesitantly rushing in after him.
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#32New Post! May 11, 2010 @ 17:40:40
Forgive me for asking, but WHY aren't you in school right now???
HerbalTea On May 19, 2010

, United States (general)
#33New Post! May 11, 2010 @ 17:45:14
@BozieFozie Said

Forgive me for asking, but WHY aren't you in school right now???

I am. :P

My fourth hour is Contract Law and I fortunately sometimes have computer access.
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#34New Post! May 11, 2010 @ 17:58:19
Just asking, HerbalTea, it wasn't a loaded question!

Your writing skills and powers of observation are keen....I would support you (and your parent(s)) to see the guidance counselor to figure out some Journalism-type classes for next year, or at least a Creative Writing track so you can play to your strengths!! AP classes are commendable, and YES, math and science ARE NECESSARY classes for every high schooler, though GOD ONLY KNOWS WHY!!!!!

Good luck, Herbal Tea!
carlstss On January 25, 2014

Derby, United Kingdom
#35New Post! May 11, 2010 @ 17:59:06
Well i just hope your learning something and getting good grades no matter how boring school is you need those bits of paper at the end of it to start a good career.
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#36New Post! May 11, 2010 @ 18:02:03
....and I hate to rain on any parades, but with the current US economy the way it is, some of my friends with DOCTORATES are having trouble finding work that pays well!!!
einram1990 On June 15, 2011

, Philippines
#37New Post! Jun 09, 2011 @ 06:42:22
All I can say is that HIGH SCHOOL LIFE IS THE BEST! SO many things happened during my high school. PROUD TO BE AN ALPHONSIAN
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#38New Post! Jun 09, 2011 @ 17:36:47
@einram1990 Said

All I can say is that HIGH SCHOOL LIFE IS THE BEST! SO many things happened during my high school. PROUD TO BE AN ALPHONSIAN

I HATED high school, which might explain why I stayed high the whole time!!! WAIT.............maybe "they" call it high school for that very reason!!!!!
einram1990 On June 15, 2011

, Philippines
#39New Post! Jun 10, 2011 @ 00:15:59
@BozieFozie Said

I HATED high school, which might explain why I stayed high the whole time!!! WAIT.............maybe "they" call it high school for that very reason!!!!!

maybe!!!!...i don't know. but you have point!

PS BozieFozie I'm going to add you. Can I?
bvanessalou On July 07, 2011

Cebu, Philippines
#40New Post! Jun 10, 2011 @ 00:28:30
Being in high school is great but 7:35am that's too early!For this, maybe you need to eat your breakfast first.It's the important meal of the day. In my times,sometimes i forget to eat breakfast that why feel like i don't want to listen because i'm hungry. But as a student, you need to listen and be attentive to your classes because education is very important.
ThatGuy18 On October 04, 2011

, Delaware
#41New Post! Aug 12, 2011 @ 03:37:07
Well yeah after a while you do get use to it because like the above post said most high schoolers are in their first period by 7:35. I got to get up 5:00 am everyday just to catch a bus and then go to work when I get home. Then do it over the next day.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs