Forums:
Food & Drink

help! Need food and drink ideas for a party

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
dianna On January 02, 2006

surrey, Canada
#1New Post! Jan 02, 2006 @ 04:53:02
Hi! I am throwing a birthday party for my son, he is turning 14, hard age. I have having some major trouble with finding the right party favors and foods and drinks and even supplies. I need help from some master party planners.

I mean, what kinds of party supplies should I use? I need to get some paper cups and plates and napkins as well as decorations. I don't even know what kind of food to have them eat. I am not a good planner, I run into trouble every year and I alwyas end up choosing the wrong things. I am admitting defeat and finally asking for help.

Please help me! Thanks so much
Forget_About_Me On June 22, 2014
Victory is mine!

, Canada
#2New Post! Jan 02, 2006 @ 04:55:19
Does he like pizza? Most boys at any age I know love pizza, that could be good. And maybe pop to drink.
cinnamin On April 18, 2008

houston, Texas
#3New Post! Jan 02, 2006 @ 04:55:55
He's a teen, so stay away from big purple dinosaurs and have a cool theam like tikki or maybe a pizza party. I don't know what the best food is, but think teenager!
sweetrnsugar77 On December 22, 2008

Deleted

My Apartment, Oregon
#4New Post! Jan 02, 2006 @ 05:03:46
Here is a thought....ask him what he likes. I know if its supposed to be a suprise it might seem suspisious but he might want spagetti or some other fav food. Ask him if he wants cake and what kind. Its always a good idea, my mom used to let my little brother pick out my cake, it pissed me off soooo much. And they would get him a present so he didnt feel left out.......BUT IT WAS MYYYYYY BIRTHDAY.

Ask him, it may be the best way to have it be perfect.
cinnamin On April 18, 2008

houston, Texas
#5New Post! Jan 02, 2006 @ 05:06:12
@sweetrnsugar77 Said
Here is a thought....ask him what he likes. I know if its supposed to be a suprise it might seem suspisious but he might want spagetti or some other fav food. Ask him if he wants cake and what kind. Its always a good idea, my mom used to let my little brother pick out my cake, it pissed me off soooo much. And they would get him a present so he didnt feel left out.......BUT IT WAS MYYYYYY BIRTHDAY.

Ask him, it may be the best way to have it be perfect.

*gives sweetrnsuger a pitty hug* I too should have been an only child!
sweetrnsugar77 On December 22, 2008

Deleted

My Apartment, Oregon
#6New Post! Jan 02, 2006 @ 05:11:15
Sad? I didnt give god advice? OOOOOOHhhh you mean cause my brother sucked ASS!! yeah well you win some you lose some. THANKS CIN!!
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#7New Post! Jan 03, 2006 @ 02:36:45
Does he like any kind of sport? If so you could plan the party around that theme. My daughter is a softball player so I tend to buy plate with sporty themes and I have the bakery make a cake with a softball on it. I usually do finger sandwiches and chips , hotdogs hamburgers and maybe cocktail weenies , of course pizza is always a good choice. Kids usually perfer their fav foods at a party. I hope it all works out well for ya.
USA On May 25, 2020

Chicago, Illinois
#8New Post! Jan 03, 2006 @ 04:55:41
Party planning ideas for fun parties for older kids and teens. Party game ideas, party recipes, printable party invitations and more!! Resources @ https://parentingteens.about.com/od/partyplanningresources/index_a.htm
8)
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs