Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#16New Post! May 11, 2010 @ 15:46:52
I started this thread on a couple of other websites, and on one in particular (a general philosophy site) the poop hit the blender. The fundies came out of the woodwork, unbelievably attempting to rationalize human sacrifice through a myriad of tap dances. But one thing was common among them--nobody would say what they would do if God told them today to sacrifice a human, even their own child. No matter how they answered, they would have had to deny God's supposed authority over them, or that God does not interact in our lives and that the Bible is a lie.

My intent backfired, forcing them deeper into their holes instead of coming out into the light. Some may yet, even if it's years from now, but we can only hope the numbers of the rest will continue to decline.
Pcptrvanion On November 10, 2014

Howe, Texas
#17New Post! May 14, 2010 @ 00:07:37
@arcades Said

That's pretty much how the bible works.

Thou shalt not kill.....unless god tells you to.

Do as I say not as I do.

The god presented in the bible comes off as hypocritical.

Maybe cause he wasn't actually god.

NO WHERE in the original text does the Old Testament say "Thou shalt not kill". In several (not all) English versions one of the early commandments is often mis-translated that way. The verse actually says "You will not murder"...it then goes on to sanctify war and the execution of criminals.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#18New Post! May 14, 2010 @ 18:43:28
@Pcptrvanion Said

NO WHERE in the original text does the Old Testament say "Thou shalt not kill". In several (not all) English versions one of the early commandments is often mis-translated that way. The verse actually says "You will not murder"...it then goes on to sanctify war and the execution of criminals.

And human sacrifices apparently.

Btw, I agree about the kill/murder thingy, but how did the Bible, the Holy Word of God, come to say "kill" for a period of time and is still that way in some translations, including the English bedrock King James version? It was even that way in the move The 10 Commandments. Could it be that the Bible is not actually the word of God? Likewise the issue of human sacrifice.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs