An extremely weird person

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
NotSoSure On December 28, 2011

Freeport,
#16New Post! May 03, 2010 @ 22:00:48
@LuckyCharms Said

Actually you are a bit off the mark on that one. While real world validation is nice, it's not really what a person needs to feel good about themselves. Sometimes the world isn't a nice place. You won't get validation from them. The only person really capable of showing you your true worth is yourself. Which means you have to do things that make you feel good about yourself. Whether it's taking care of your personal responsibilities or helping others. Those are the two best ways to build self esteem and to really feel of value.

Right now you have this whole downward spiral of a negative internal dialogue going on. It feeds off of itself and you need to break the cycle. When you want people to put that validated stamp on your forehead it only feeds into your thoughts of being unable to do it yourself. The truth is that you can do it. You have just convinced yourself you can't.

What you need to do is tell that voice in your head to shut the hell up and do new things. As long as you listen to that voice you will continue in this pattern which will only work to increase your misery and self doubt.

Act outside of the box. Ignore your instincts if you have to. Train your mind to be kinder to yourself. Every time you have a negative thought about yourself make yourself stop and focus on something positive. Go for a walk, treat yourself to something pleasant, force yourself to find some positive aspects of yourself.

You obviously have to have some good traits. You need to find a way to find and nurture them.

I'm a bit frightened to give myself validation, because I see people deluding themselves about their abilities everyday. Not everyone is inaccurate in their self-perceptions, but a lot seem to be.

In my view, unless you have looks or intelligence (preferably both) what is the point of the other traits? People will look at you negatively regardless.

I think I have some Depersonalization, and some Derealization going on as well, which compounds the problem, and further skews my perceptions. So, I think you already know to take my posts with a grain of salt.

You mentioned, that many individuals I have known would give anything to trade places with me. Thing is, I would give anything to switch places with *some* of them.

Anyway, despite all that nonsensical jargon I just typed, I will attempt your suggestions.
kaydoh On December 19, 2011

nottingham, United Kingdom
#17New Post! May 03, 2010 @ 22:13:43
@NotSoSure Said

Hey,

No I haven't abused drugs (did weed once) I have drank very marginally (about once every several months, on average). Depression? Sure, yes I am depressed, I've already been to see a doctor. Not much help there.

I'm starting to think I should've abused streets drugs, lol.

It sounds to me like depression. I used to be just like you, no attention span at all unless the subject matter really grabbed my focus. I could read say a six digit number and 2 seconds later not remember a single digit let alone all six, I started to think I had a mental problem too. I started anti depression meds a while back and while it hasn't been an instant cure I have found now that I can retain information so much better and my whole memory seems to have improved, I can recall conversations almost verbatim and I could never do that before.

The most important change it has done for me is in the morning. I seem to wake up fresher than I ever have before and my mood is greatly improved which is always a better start to the day. If you wake up alert your whole day seems to flow so much easier.

I just noticed while typing this I have only made two spelling mistakes that the computer has picked up on. before there would have been a dozen, it's all because the mind is less cluttered with garbage and you can think clearly.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#18New Post! May 03, 2010 @ 22:45:00
@NotSoSure Said

I'm a bit frightened to give myself validation, because I see people deluding themselves about their abilities everyday. Not everyone is inaccurate in their self-perceptions, but a lot seem to be.

In my view, unless you have looks or intelligence (preferably both) what is the point of the other traits? People will look at you negatively regardless.

I think I have some Depersonalization, and some Derealization going on as well, which compounds the problem, and further skews my perceptions. So, I think you already know to take my posts with a grain of salt.

You mentioned, that many individuals I have known would give anything to trade places with me. Thing is, I would give anything to switch places with *some* of them.

Anyway, despite all that nonsensical jargon I just typed, I will attempt your suggestions.

Good. I think you should. You're a victim of your own mind right now and it needs to stop. You're driving yourself nuts.
NotSoSure On December 28, 2011

Freeport,
#19New Post! May 03, 2010 @ 23:11:59
@kaydoh Said

It sounds to me like depression. I used to be just like you, no attention span at all unless the subject matter really grabbed my focus. I could read say a six digit number and 2 seconds later not remember a single digit let alone all six, I started to think I had a mental problem too. I started anti depression meds a while back and while it hasn't been an instant cure I have found now that I can retain information so much better and my whole memory seems to have improved, I can recall conversations almost verbatim and I could never do that before.

The most important change it has done for me is in the morning. I seem to wake up fresher than I ever have before and my mood is greatly improved which is always a better start to the day. If you wake up alert your whole day seems to flow so much easier.

I just noticed while typing this I have only made two spelling mistakes that the computer has picked up on. before there would have been a dozen, it's all because the mind is less cluttered with garbage and you can think clearly.

Yeah, I know it is not an instant "cure" or really a cure at all, but merely an advanced coping mechanism, but that is not a bad thing. I do remember reading though that certain antidepressants can create neuron growth in the hippocampus (I think that controls memory, not sure). So, I think it has a dual effect. Problem is I have tried a lot of antidepressants, and none of them worked. Except for maybe Cymbalta, and that wasn't so much depression as it was focus and memory. I would've attempted to stick it out if it wasn't for the horrible side effects it gave me.

@LuckyCharms Said

You're driving yourself nuts.

Ha, Tell me about it!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs