Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7
davii On January 14, 2013
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#91New Post! Jan 15, 2011 @ 21:12:58
As I understood it, it's not the strongest that survive, but those most adaptive to change
boobear On August 15, 2016

London, United Kingdom
#92New Post! Jan 15, 2011 @ 21:18:36
@treebee Said

Im sorry about your mum. Disease is entirely indiscriminate. There are people strong as ox's die of flu. Same theory can be applied to road accidents. Death picks us off regardless of our strength or position or ability.

I dont think anyone meant to be insensitive. But thanks for your perspective. Its easy to get carried away with hypothetical stuff when people are living it.

Thank you, you summed it up perfectly, I got on my high horse a bit putting it across because it's personal but I was trying to say basically that, in a jumbled up way!
galastaray On June 08, 2016
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#93New Post! Jan 15, 2011 @ 21:19:11
@Kristy69 Said

I thought about this a while ago, and to me, it kinda makes sense.

Nature creates diseases in order to enable natural selections.
The species or the strongest of the species stay alive if the diversity is great enough and they can have somewhat of an immunity to the disease and survive it.
Those who don't die out and there you go.

Natural selection is for population control, weeding out bad genes, and giving an upper hand to stronger species (the circle of life/food chain).

Do you think nature has developed AIDS, cancer and other uncurable diseases in order to attempt to control the human population since it's grown so?

This can be taken in a religious way (like God' will or w/e) or this can just be a creationism idea.
Or both.

I just want your opinion.

Diseases aren't "created" for a purpose. They're simply composed of microscopic life that happen to be harmful to our body. They're "goal" isn't to allow for natural selection. They don't have a goal. It is merely a coincidence that they happen to be bad for us. Nature doesn't "want" anything. It simply makes life. It neither wants to destroy it nor progress it. Instead, it is chance that enacts natural selections and decides who lives and who doesn't. Natural disasters are due to chance, not to a "goal" or "method" of nature.

P.S. Those diseases are very curable. All we need is the time, technology, and money. You should read up some more.
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#94New Post! Jan 15, 2011 @ 21:22:29
@davii Said

As I understood it, it's not the strongest that survive, but those most adaptive to change

Yes. That is what people who know what they're talking about mean when they say the "strongest" or "fittest."
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#95New Post! Jan 15, 2011 @ 21:32:35
@buffalobill90 Said

Are you saying it's a matter of opinion whether or not evolution and diseases are purposefully directed by a conscious entity? I'd say that's a matter of fact or fiction, not opinion. Probably fiction, since it's a completely redundant hypothesis; the whole point of natural processes is that they occur in absence of intervention by conscious designers. Evolution and the life forms it has produced are manifestly natural occurrences, not artificial.

Would you consider a human action aimed at controlling/manipulating/altering/etc. nature as an act of nature itself, irrespective of any "goal" or "plan?"
boobear On August 15, 2016

London, United Kingdom
#96New Post! Jan 15, 2011 @ 21:33:11
@Galastaray Said

Diseases aren't "created" for a purpose. They're simply composed of microscopic life that happen to be harmful to our body. They're "goal" isn't to allow for natural selection. They don't have a goal. It is merely a coincidence that they happen to be bad for us. Nature doesn't "want" anything. It simply makes life. It neither wants to destroy it nor progress it. Instead, it is chance that enacts natural selections and decides who lives and who doesn't. Natural disasters are due to chance, not to a "goal" or "method" of nature.

P.S. Those diseases are very curable. All we need is the time, technology, and money. You should read up some more.

Agree!
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013