Forums: Relationships:
Man Talk

Some advice here, guys, please.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
crazymofo On December 15, 2010

Lettsby Avenue, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Apr 21, 2010 @ 09:33:39
Basically, what it is, is that I have completely forgotten how to communicate like an adult with this girl I like. I've talked to her a fair bit already and I make her laugh like, but I cant help but think she's laughing AT me!! I get the feeling she's interested in what I do have to say but then maybe she's just being friendly. I dont know. Anyway, basically, I'm wondering, what are some good things to say or not say and just exactly how funny should I be? She's nice and she's friendly and usually asks me the questions but obviously I dont want to seem like a total goof (though that's probably likely to happen anyway!!).

And yes, incase you are wondering, it's been a year or so since I last had a girlfriend. I've been focusing so much on getting my life back on track that I have somehow misplaced my "effective communication with females" skill somewhere!!

And it's only at work that I see her.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Apr 21, 2010 @ 09:38:05
Ask her out for a drink, if she says no then find another object of your affections. Try not to over think about the whole thing. Just jump in with both feet. If you get burned you could shrug it off as "i only meant as mates"

#3New Post! Apr 21, 2010 @ 09:40:52
@treebee Said

Ask her out for a drink, if she says no then find another object of your affections. Try not to over think about the whole thing. Just jump in with both feet. If you get burned you could shrug it off as "i only meant as mates"

I did think of this but I've only known her a few days like. Would that matter?

(I know, I'm hopeless, I'm sorry!!)
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Apr 21, 2010 @ 09:42:16
oh give it a couple of weeks then, providing shes not a temp, if shes a temp ask her on the last day
Draco On August 28, 2017

In the imaginary city that is
#5New Post! Apr 21, 2010 @ 09:43:30
Through something sereous in the mix....se how she reacts if you do that....and then just come out and say it....you like her but you scared she finds you goofy....do you like goofy?

I bet she'll say yes....

#6New Post! Apr 21, 2010 @ 09:47:40
@treebee Said

oh give it a couple of weeks then, providing shes not a temp, if shes a temp ask her on the last day

Well she's here for a year anyway. Oh feck it, I'll ask her when I get back from Dundee.

@Draco Said

Through something sereous in the mix....se how she reacts if you do that....and then just come out and say it....you like her but you scared she finds you goofy....do you like goofy?

I bet she'll say yes....

I think she finds me funny (as in ha ha!!) and she does sort of stand close and lots of eye contact and she's interested in what I say. So I dont know, I think she'll say yes to a drink. Then I'll take it from there.
Draco On August 28, 2017

#7New Post! Apr 21, 2010 @ 09:53:17
Go for it buddy.
Draco On August 28, 2017

#8New Post! Apr 21, 2010 @ 10:07:16
Tell us how it went....goodluck!!!

Thanks for the K

#9New Post! Apr 21, 2010 @ 10:10:19
@Draco Said

Tell us how it went....goodluck!!!

Thanks for the K

Of course! Thanks.

Welcome.
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#10New Post! May 08, 2010 @ 11:22:09
@crazymofo Said

Basically, what it is, is that I have completely forgotten how to communicate like an adult with this girl I like. I've talked to her a fair bit already and I make her laugh like, but I cant help but think she's laughing AT me!! I get the feeling she's interested in what I do have to say but then maybe she's just being friendly. I don't know. Anyway, basically, I'm wondering, what are some good things to say or not say and just exactly how funny should I be? She's nice and she's friendly and usually asks me the questions but obviously I don't want to seem like a total goof (though that's probably likely to happen anyway!!).

And yes, in case you are wondering, it's been a year or so since I last had a girlfriend. I've been focusing so much on getting my life back on track that I have somehow misplaced my "effective communication with females" skill somewhere!!

And it's only at work that I see her.

I'd ask her out for lunch. That way you still have the afternoon to do something else if things go right. Also no presumptuous thought of taking it to the next level as a nighttime date presents itself. Talk about things that are important in your life. Make sure you find something you really like about this girl and let her know about it. Not like "Hey you've got a nice rack!" but more like, "Your hair looks nice today." Try to notice something about her that you know she's into... like the color purple or horses, then get her a small gift that plays into her interest. That will send her a message that you are interested in her.

Bottom line: Take it slow and easy. Just be yourself.

J.R.
Jonesy On August 28, 2011

My town, United States (genera
#11New Post! Aug 08, 2010 @ 13:24:15
Good advise all around...whats the worst that can happen? She says no or she has another fellow...go to lunch...you have 30 mins or maybe an hour...doubtful you can do to much damage during that time period...good luck
KAMPA On October 28, 2013
Admiral Karl Donuts

Uhlan Bator, Mongolia
#12New Post! Aug 08, 2010 @ 15:28:27
You are in for a liftime of head scratching! Women are lovely but never easy for we Blokes to understand. Keeping that in mind could be helpful. Their minds just do not work like ours! Just blunder through, say what you are thinking,be honest and take the consequences. Just try to remain relaxed at all times,and smile but not to the point of forcing it! Good luck Mate!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs