Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#61New Post! Apr 20, 2010 @ 21:39:42
@jmo Said

Did you happen to catch 'This Week' last week? They did a mini quiz where they asked various politicians which party was the first to suggest various policies that have subsequently come to war, and all of them originated from the Monster Raving Loony Party.

I think my personal favourite is to make it illegal for anyone who lives south of Crewe to support Manchester United.

Lol that's a good one.
Patt On May 05, 2010
NOT a Mafia Don

Deleted
Banned

Home,
#62New Post! Apr 20, 2010 @ 21:42:24
@sister_of_mercy Said

They're more about trying to show that whichever party gets to run Parliament it's going to turn them into madmen, so there might as well be a party who are honest about being a little crazy

I personally think it's also a party that gets younger people interested in Politics, as some of the policies are a bit ludicrous (e.g. "make it illegal for superheroes to use their powers for evil" ) and so are accessible to basically everyone with a sense of humour.

It's a good gateway party I would say, and some of their ideas have been put into place like the lowering of the voting age to 18.

I like them already !!

I would say you're right - it is a good entry for your younger generation to at least begin to understand the workings of government in your nation - and not have to walk around with a stick up their butts while doing it.

Who knows - they could get the 99p passed - it could happen!
claudibeee On July 06, 2014
Pagan and proud

, United Kingdom
#63New Post! Apr 20, 2010 @ 21:45:23
@Patt Said

I heard it very well put earlier today regarding our current Chaos here in the US.

It took a President like Jimmy Carter to elect a President like Ronald Reagan. Imagine just how great the next President will be.

Pretty cool, huh?

Everything's relative.
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#64New Post! Apr 20, 2010 @ 21:56:35
@sister_of_mercy Said

Anyone remember the Loony Party?

...Aaaanyone?

Omg, I love them! They're like a party of small children, with BIG imaginations.
Patt On May 05, 2010
NOT a Mafia Don

Deleted
Banned

Home,
#65New Post! Apr 20, 2010 @ 22:23:15
Mark 'Zammo' Adshead is going for ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh in Sheffield.

Have you seen their transport policy?

"New Transport Policy Launch

On Sunday 18th April Knigel Knapp will be demonstrating the new Loony-bike on the river Thames near the houses of parliament.The Loony-bike is a floating bicycle, capable of speeds up to 10mph.Knapp says? They?re great - environmentally friendly and they will get the nation fit if everyone starts using them. And what with global warming everyone might have to use them when the sea levels rise. In the meantime we might have to build a few more canals (but Birmingham has got more canals than Venice) and that can only be good for the unemployment figures.?See Knigel Knapp - and MRLP friends - at about 11.00/11.15 am at the south end of Lambeth Bridge. Meet at Lambeth Pier opposite Lambeth Palace.Come along and join in the fun - don't forget your camera ! Help turn the new transport policy into a bit of a party - A Monster Raving Loony William Hill Party!"

Jeeze - they even have their own music !!

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs