AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#91New Post! Apr 14, 2010 @ 23:34:36
@hellfire0013 Said

The way most children react when you teach them something. They usually want to know more.

When my parents explained to me stuff when I was a kid I usually didn't understand all of it, but accepted it.

*sigh* I meant how he would react to being exposed to it.
Here are some examples
1) staring
2) quietly asking you why they're different
3) pointing and exclaiming loudly "Look Dad, that guy's kissing another guy!"

See what I'm saying?
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#92New Post! Apr 14, 2010 @ 23:38:29
@hellfire0013 Said

A lot of schools are required to teach that homosexuality is a normal, healthy lifestyle, and if you feel that you are gay, it is ok and natural to explore those feelings.

If this is ever taught at any school my child goes too, I will make sure to remove them from that class or school, if that is what it takes.

LOL
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#93New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 00:25:43
@hellfire0013 Said

While this is not the politically correct way of thinking, I think that people who choose other paths for their sexuality (gays, lesbians, bisexuals, trannys, etc) should not be shunned or removed from society, but for it to be a celebrated thing goes too far for me.

Parents always sensor what their children take in. Internet has options for restrictions. Tv's have parental controls. How is this any different?

Because it is more socially unacceptable to say "I don't want my child exposed to homosexuality" over "I don't want my child exposed to too much video game violence."

What are you going to do if your child comes to you and tells you that he's gay?
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#94New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 10:24:20
@hellfire0013 Said

While this is not the politically correct way of thinking, I think that people who choose other paths for their sexuality (gays, lesbians, bisexuals, trannys, etc) should not be shunned or removed from society, but for it to be a celebrated thing goes too far for me.

Parents always sensor what their children take in. Internet has options for restrictions. Tv's have parental controls. How is this any different?

Because it is more socially unacceptable to say "I don't want my child exposed to homosexuality" over "I don't want my child exposed to too much video game violence."

A) Who said anything about it being celebrated? People just want it to be understood that this exists.

B) You can control the amount of video game violence your child takes in, to a certain extent, but you can't control whether or not your children are exposed to homosexuality.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#95New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 12:41:32
Also, if my partner and I buy the house next door to you, there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. We can live there as a couple, or we can live there as a married couple, and our marital status won't affect you in the least.

How does allowing me the right to marry affect your life in any way shape or form?

Please, show me how the gender of the person I marry affects you personally.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#96New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 12:45:13
@hellfire0013 Said

A lot of schools are required to teach that homosexuality is a normal, healthy lifestyle, and if you feel that you are gay, it is ok and natural to explore those feelings.

If this is ever taught at any school my child goes too, I will make sure to remove them from that class or school, if that is what it takes.

And what about the kids with homosexual parents? Should they be made to feel their parents are not normal?
If your kids are friends with them, what would your reaction be?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs