#31New Post! Mar 27, 2010 @ 23:10:14
@Ko Said

I'm gonna move to NJ!

haha xD why?
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Mar 27, 2010 @ 23:15:40
@backwardstaxi Said

no. in order to qualify for your permit, you have to take a written test and the drivers test(the driving part to get your actual permit). i had a class called drivers education sophomore year in high school. and instead of the usual health class we get, we learn drivers ed that year. and we have to score an 80 or above on the test in order to pass the written part of the test. then you have to take the blue paper we receive once we pass the test down to the DMV instructor before you take the 6 hours of driving test.

Ahhh, its completely different here

You have to fill in some paperwork to get your provisional, once you have that you start learning. You seem to learn before getting your permit, then its practising until you get your provisional.

@backwardstaxi Said

Yeah, I'm waiting for my freedom. I turn 17 in October. I can't wait until I can drive anywhere I want to. If your out past curfew, now they'll definitely know because of the pink sticker we have to have. We used to be able to get away with it every once in awhile. I believe the only exceptions were if it was something to do with religion or working.

Which is probably the real reason for the pink sticker

Religion? I can understand how some jobs require you to be out late, but I dunno about religion.
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#33New Post! Mar 27, 2010 @ 23:21:43
@backwardstaxi Said

Our driving test costs $200-400 :l I think I'm getting my permit next month. I'm on a mission :D

Learning to drive is so expensive! I was lucky because I passed everything first time, my best friend had to take his theory 3 times, and his driving test twice, so it cost him a lot more. He did save a bit though because his mum insured him on her car and took him.

Good luck though
backwardstaxi On February 16, 2011

, New Jersey
#34New Post! Mar 27, 2010 @ 23:24:56
@ninozara Said

Ahhh, its completely different here

You have to fill in some paperwork to get your provisional, once you have that you start learning. You seem to learn before getting your permit, then its practising until you get your provisional.

Which is probably the real reason for the pink sticker

Religion? I can understand how some jobs require you to be out late, but I dunno about religion.

Yeah, supposedly if you have church or something. I'm not sure, that's what my teacher said. :p

, New Jersey
#35New Post! Mar 27, 2010 @ 23:25:29
@ninozara Said

Learning to drive is so expensive! I was lucky because I passed everything first time, my best friend had to take his theory 3 times, and his driving test twice, so it cost him a lot more. He did save a bit though because his mum insured him on her car and took him.

Good luck though

eek. that would be quite a bit of money. but thank you :D
Ko On January 25, 2011
\\m/(>.<)\\m/

949 Orange County, California
#36New Post! Mar 27, 2010 @ 23:26:20
I took my test at age 16.5 or 17.. I forgot the exact age without any driving courses!
I practiced like hell at the local race track and circuits when there wasn't anyone there yet .. I didn't have to do parallel parking because the instructor said even if you fail, you still pass

, New Jersey
#37New Post! Mar 28, 2010 @ 01:07:35
@Ko Said

I took my test at age 16.5 or 17.. I forgot the exact age without any driving courses!
I practiced like hell at the local race track and circuits when there wasn't anyone there yet .. I didn't have to do parallel parking because the instructor said even if you fail, you still pass

I wish I was that lucky. haha. I'll probably pass the first time though. I'm not THAT bad of a driver
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs