Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#16New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 13:11:50
@NikiNiki Said

Really? Every person is above the law? Do you have a list of names of persons who are above the law?

Not every person. Just, it seems, every person involved in the House, the Senate and the White House!

It's the largest collection of empty suits ever to have been assembled under an Administration,.... and you want a list?

Wanna play Wack-a-Mole?
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013
Powered by tea

Viaticum, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 13:21:40
@hypnotic8988 Said

i agree completely with _abnormalmind_ the deomcaracy does work against itself. i belive if we worked with each other we would be som much further along than most other countries in our technology and healt knowledge. any large community or country who has helped each other instead of against in history has achieved a higer amount of techology faster that worked together.

On the other hand, when everyone in a society agrees it is usually because their opinions have been manufactured by a single, powerful group (church, party, whatever). It is healthy for a diversity of opinions to exist in a society, and in fact it's good for scientific progress for people to have critical minds instead of accepting the norm.
NikiNiki On January 04, 2011

Deleted

Villa Park, California
#18New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 13:28:44
@SaEgEsPaEnE Said

Not every person. Just, it seems, every person involved in the House, the Senate and the White House!

It's the largest collection of empty suits ever to have been assembled under an Administration,.... and you want a list?

Wanna play Wack-a-Mole?

Okay, not including staff:

Senate 101
House 435 (438?)
White House 1

That's a list of about 537 to 540 people. For empty suit of the month, how 'bout Congressman Hank Johnson, who thinks Guam "may tip over and capsize." He succeeded Cynthia McKinney, who, according to my history teacher, also had fruitcake issues.

But emptysuitness is not illegal or immoral, although it might be fattening.

8)
Antinwo On October 25, 2013

Denver,
#19New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 18:03:58
@NikiNiki Said

Okay, not including staff:

Senate 101
House 435 (438?)
White House 1

That's a list of about 537 to 540 people. For empty suit of the month, how 'bout Congressman Hank Johnson, who thinks Guam "may tip over and capsize." He succeeded Cynthia McKinney, who, according to my history teacher, also had fruitcake issues.

But emptysuitness is not illegal or immoral, although it might be fattening.

8)

When was the last time a politician went to jail for doing something against the law? The George Bush Administration lied to the ENTIRE WORLD about WMD's in Iraq, which has resulted in over a million Iraqi lives lost, a war that won't end and will eventually play a major role in the dimise of this country. Stop listening to your history teacher. He sounds like a crack pot, who instead of teaching likes to warp his students fragile little minds into thinking the way he does. Think for yourself. Don't believe everything that you hear, especially at school. Thats where most of the brainwashing takes place. Cynthia McKinney is a patriot, who still fights for a better America. Our government is corrupt and if you don't see that, you are either not paying attention, or not using your brain. One of the two.
Antinwo On October 25, 2013

Denver,
#20New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 18:09:22
@buffalobill90 Said

On the other hand, when everyone in a society agrees it is usually because their opinions have been manufactured by a single, powerful group (church, party, whatever). It is healthy for a diversity of opinions to exist in a society, and in fact it's good for scientific progress for people to have critical minds instead of accepting the norm.

I agree that diversity is good to a point, but not to the point where no one gets along. The only time a society agrees on something is when fear is involved. 9/11 proves that. When fear is in place then they can accomplish things they normally wouldn't. Banker bailout, health care reform, patriot act, FISA bill, Iraq war and soon to be Iran war.
Tako_400 On April 19, 2010
Keep Ya' Head Up

Deleted

Beirut, Lebanon
#21New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 18:13:16
@buffalobill90 Said

If this general mind that's been manufactured by whatever agent in society were really to develop science, it would have to not have morals. Morals severely limit science.
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013