The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Do you judge God as good only or evil as well?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#1New Post! Mar 19, 2010 @ 20:15:25

Scripture says that God is the epitome of all attributes.

We are not to place anyone above or below God as He is the alpha and the omega of all things. The last word, the beginning and end of all attributes and issues.

He wrote the tree of knowledge of good and evil and we are not to add to it.

It is said that the Bible can only be judged for it?s morality by itself and that we are not to add or subtract from it.
This tells me that the tree of good and evil is within it?s own pages.

If the Bible is to judge itself, it must be read the way I read it.

Seeing the O T as the evil side of God, and reading the N T as the good part of God.
The O T God is arguably immoral as He goes about taking sides and killing all opposition to the point of showing his worst with the genocide of man and animal in Noah?s day.
It can also be argued that archetypal Jesus went a bit too far the other way with loving sinners and turning the other cheek.

In my revue of the Bible, God was judged to be less moral by Eve, after she had become as a Goddess after eating/judging of the knowledge God could give her of good and evil from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

As God Himself says in Genesis, His way was good or very good.
It took Eve to make the upgrade to evolving perfection in terms of what was good for mankind and this is why she enticed Adam and ignored God?s command.

She knew, with her perfect knowledge of morals, from a human perspective, with her God given instincts, what was better for mankind.

Blessed be Eve. The true God/Goddess of this world.

God recognized this as fact and that is why He has washed His hands of us and knows that the perfection that He created is well capable of self rule and dominion.

That is why He gave us dominion in Genesis and why He has never returned to make any adjustments to His perfect systems.

Eve showed us the path to our glorious history.

A slight digression there but to continue.

I believe that O T as the evil part of the tree of knowledge and the N T as the good part is how the Bible writers set up the Bible. This view is re-enforced by the fact that they show the O T laws being supplanted by the N T laws to help guide us to peace and prosperity.

We have just not quite yet found a live Jesus like character as described by the archetype Jesus to be our redeemer. The end time is the Bibles promise that this will eventually happen but we are not there yet.

My question is simple.

Do you see the evil of the O T God as well as the good of the N T God ?

Are they different Gods or the same God who has changed His ways to that of Jesus?

Is that why archetypal Jesus declared, heaven only through me, and effectively killed off the O T God ?

Regards
DL
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#2New Post! Mar 20, 2010 @ 00:09:19
They're the same God. HE is bad, or evil, only for the greater good of mankind --- His Children! overall, generally speaking.
davii On January 14, 2013
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Mar 20, 2010 @ 01:17:55
It's the same, just the fear requirement changes from this life, to the next.
ericmknight1906 On December 15, 2011

Daytona Beach, Florida
#4New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 16:50:09
@GreatestIam2 Said

We are not to place anyone above or below God as He is the alpha and the omega of all things. The last word, the beginning and end of all attributes and issues.

He wrote the tree of knowledge of good and evil and we are not to add to it.

It is said that the Bible can only be judged for it?s morality by itself and that we are not to add or subtract from it.
This tells me that the tree of good and evil is within it?s own pages.

If the Bible is to judge itself, it must be read the way I read it.

Seeing the O T as the evil side of God, and reading the N T as the good part of God.
The O T God is arguably immoral as He goes about taking sides and killing all opposition to the point of showing his worst with the genocide of man and animal in Noah?s day.
It can also be argued that archetypal Jesus went a bit too far the other way with loving sinners and turning the other cheek.

In my revue of the Bible, God was judged to be less moral by Eve, after she had become as a Goddess after eating/judging of the knowledge God could give her of good and evil from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

As God Himself says in Genesis, His way was good or very good.
It took Eve to make the upgrade to evolving perfection in terms of what was good for mankind and this is why she enticed Adam and ignored God?s command.

She knew, with her perfect knowledge of morals, from a human perspective, with her God given instincts, what was better for mankind.

Blessed be Eve. The true God/Goddess of this world.

God recognized this as fact and that is why He has washed His hands of us and knows that the perfection that He created is well capable of self rule and dominion.

That is why He gave us dominion in Genesis and why He has never returned to make any adjustments to His perfect systems.

Eve showed us the path to our glorious history.

A slight digression there but to continue.

I believe that O T as the evil part of the tree of knowledge and the N T as the good part is how the Bible writers set up the Bible. This view is re-enforced by the fact that they show the O T laws being supplanted by the N T laws to help guide us to peace and prosperity.

We have just not quite yet found a live Jesus like character as described by the archetype Jesus to be our redeemer. The end time is the Bibles promise that this will eventually happen but we are not there yet.

My question is simple.

Do you see the evil of the O T God as well as the good of the N T God ?

Are they different Gods or the same God who has changed His ways to that of Jesus?

Is that why archetypal Jesus declared, heaven only through me, and effectively killed off the O T God ?

Regards
DL

Why do you keep creating these ridiculous over analyzed threads??

The more you try and analyze the bible with your carnalistic mind the more confused you will get. The only way to understand the word of God is by way of Acts 2:38. God is a spirit and you must worship him spiritually. The word of God is spiritual.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 16:55:21
In theory as God is omnipotent he should have the power to be both good and evil. Yet, if this is true then He cannot be omni-benevolent, and we are faced with going down the path of the inconsistent triad which eventually brings us to atheism or denial of God's existence in the reality of evil.

St Augustinian claimed that what we know as evil was simple the absence of good, so God was omni-benevolent but created man with free will which led to The Fall and the creation of sin (withdrawing some of the perfection in the world). So if you believe it in that respect then God is still omni-benevolent.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#6New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 16:58:20
@GreatestIam2 Said

Scripture! I'd worry more about what is Truth. There you will find God. Evil is merely the absence, or more correctly, the avoidance of good/God (if God exists).
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#7New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 17:02:26
@sister_of_mercy Said

St Augustinian claimed that what we know as evil was simple the absence of good, so God was omni-benevolent but created man with free will which led to The Fall and the creation of sin (withdrawing some of the perfection in the world). So if you believe it in that respect then God is still omni-benevolent.

I read this after I'd made my last post. I've come to the same conclusion as St. Augistine. Puts me in good company, but on the other hand, what else did he do to be a saint. Guess it just goes to show nobody's perfect and you do what you can within the era you find yourself in.

I tried to give you a kudo but it said I have to give one to someone else first. Can I help it if I'm discriminative, especially since we only get so many--one of which was subtracted for the one I couldn't give you ?
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#8New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 17:11:53
@ericmknight1906 Said

The more you try and analyze the bible with your carnalistic mind the more confused you will get. The only way to understand the word of God is by way of Acts 2:38. God is a spirit and you must worship him spiritually. The word of God is spiritual.

What? Better to turn off our brains and let the likes of Paul and Luke (the beast of Revelation) tell us what to think? The only word of God is the universe spread before us. That way it can't be bought, forged, counterfeited, sold, corrupted or invented, and we all have equal access to it.

Ottawa, Canada
#9New Post! Mar 30, 2010 @ 20:57:07
@ericmknight1906 Said

Why do you keep creating these ridiculous over analyzed threads??

Thanks for the dogmatic B S.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#10New Post! Mar 30, 2010 @ 21:01:01
@sister_of_mercy Said

In theory as God is omnipotent he should have the power to be both good and evil. Yet, if this is true then He cannot be omni-benevolent, and we are faced with going down the path of the inconsistent triad which eventually brings us to atheism or denial of God's existence in the reality of evil.

That fall is overdone and wrongly labeled.
Who in their right mind would say that it is wrong to reach for the knowledge that man needs to develop his moral sense?

Only foolish believers.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#11New Post! Mar 30, 2010 @ 21:02:49
@DuLu Said

They're the same God. HE us bad, or evil, only for the greater good of mankind --- His Children! overall, generally speaking.

So using genocide on people for their own good is good.
Hitler would agree.

Heil.

Regards
DL
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs