Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
dustyrhodes On May 11, 2010

Banned

wetlands of central florida,
#31New Post! Mar 11, 2010 @ 00:54:08
@floydgirrl Said

I'm just saying that it's TACKY, what you're saying. FFS, stfu. wait, I have a way to do that.
and this has nothing to do with Lindsay or any other celeb

whaaaaa, cant handle the truth eh?
doesnt surprise me

DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#32New Post! Mar 11, 2010 @ 00:57:02
Thank you, Jonnythan. I often have a laugh at what someone is wearing, especially Lady Gaga. I have a laugh at times over all the gossip of who is with who etc. I admit that and that part is all in good humor.

I however do not laugh at someone who is addicted to drugs, alcohol or gambling. These are real issues and there is often a reason why people who are famous or are 'regular' people turn to them. We do not sit and say, I am going to try crack and get addicted and lose everything.

I do know that they decide to start using as do all people. However emotional, psychological or stressors are the reasons behind it.

I know for a fact that no one would make fun of Joe a hard working man who lost his wife for turning to alcohol and getting addicted. So why do we as a society feel as though we have to right to make fun of someone famous? We say they had the world and everything and are wasting their lives. All addicts are wasting their life. Just because they have more money than us, more attractive than us does not mean they are not ever going to face addiction nor does it mean they are happy. They have demons like everyone else.

Perhaps when we are perfect we can cast a first stone at someone.

Sorry for the rant, this kind of stuff really bothers me.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#33New Post! Mar 11, 2010 @ 01:00:09
@DorkySupergirl Said

Thank you, Jonnythan. I often have a laugh at what someone is wearing, especially Lady Gaga. I have a laugh at times over all the gossip of who is with who etc. I admit that and that part is all in good humor.

I however do not laugh at someone who is addicted to drugs, alcohol or gambling. These are real issues and there is often a reason why people who are famous or are 'regular' people turn to them. We do not sit and say, I am going to try crack and get addicted and lose everything.

I do know that they decide to start using as do all people. However emotional, psychological or stressors are the reasons behind it.

I know for a fact that no one would make fun of Joe a hard working man who lost his wife for turning to alcohol and getting addicted. So why do we as a society feel as though we have to right to make fun of someone famous? We say they had the world and everything and are wasting their lives. All addicts are wasting their life. Just because they have more money than us, more attractive than us does not mean they are not ever going to face addiction nor does it mean they are happy. They have demons like everyone else.

Perhaps when we are perfect we can cast a first stone at someone.

Sorry for the rant, this kind of stuff really bothers me.

Well said, it bothers me too. More people should think like this.
SimplyxComplicated On June 28, 2023

Fort Worth, Texas
#34New Post! Mar 11, 2010 @ 01:08:32
Celebrities are dropping like flies lately

... and not the ones that should......
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#35New Post! Mar 11, 2010 @ 01:15:21
I could not imagine having all that pressure on me to look a certain way. Even getting a haircut can stop a career. The pressure to be young looking and thin. Then having to do all that traveling, hounded by the press, my life made public for all to see. It would probably drive me to drink too.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#36New Post! Mar 11, 2010 @ 10:33:36
anyone younger than me is too young to die.
MissOklahoma On June 04, 2010

Deleted

guymon, Oklahoma
#37New Post! Apr 29, 2010 @ 19:50:17
that fricken shocked me big time! i use to have a crush on him in "license to drive"
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#38New Post! Apr 29, 2010 @ 19:51:06
@MissOklahoma Said

that fricken shocked me big time! i use to have a crush on him in "license to drive"

You weren't even born when that movie came out!
MissOklahoma On June 04, 2010

Deleted

guymon, Oklahoma
#39New Post! Apr 29, 2010 @ 19:53:52
lol.......really?! well i sure as hell seen it!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs