Mother fights to stop daughter calling her stepmother 'mum'

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#61New Post! Mar 10, 2010 @ 06:00:35
@unicorn Said

You are entitled to hold that opinion,and I mine.

I know what it is like to have something so precious ripped away through no fault of your own and I can't help but look at the natural mother as being like a lioness and protecting her cub even when it does not sense the danger and to fight for something which is her right to have.

8)
NO disagreement THERE!
Maybe it's a gender thing, possibly, Mums and Dads are inevitably different?
Either which, I wouldn't dream of telling you you are/were wrong, that's not how the world IS, and we both know it.
Perhaps my bother's experience has coloured my view, I'm not arrogant enough to dismiss THAT as a possibility, that pair made the papers from day 1!
No bull, their wedding was a full-page affair, first under new laws and held at midnight because of that, family drama, too complicated to bother explaining, lol.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#62New Post! Mar 10, 2010 @ 06:26:18
I never considered calling any of my dads wives by anything but their names .Even when I was younger and they tried making me call them a mother type word to make them look good around their church people or friends. And I would have gone postal on anyone who had even hinted that my kids should have called the woman their dad was married to for a short time when they were younger.I wouldn't have taken him or her to court about it , but probably would have wound up in court over it if it had happened.
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#63New Post! Mar 11, 2010 @ 14:58:36
I wish I had time to work through all of this, but my personal experience is this.

When my son was two, they were telling him that I wasn't his natural mom... big time no no. I would have gone to court over that one, however, I am allowing my son to refer to her as Mama Randa and even let him refer to me as Mama Casey so as to differentiate us to people who know both families. I don't feel like they are doing me wrong, it's a nice agreement, and honestly, their son they have together, refers to me as Mama Casey also. I don't know how "Mama Randa" takes it, but I know that his dad is okay with it, as, I take on a very motherly role, when I do have the chance to be around his other son and love him very much.

Her getting upset about this is harmful to the child. I say as long as they are not actively telling the child that she is not his natural mum, then they request the child call her a Mummy type name.

Edit:

However, my fiance will not allow my son to refer to him as "dad" in anyway, but that's a whole other bag of issues that he has, and that's ok too.
Toddlermom On July 21, 2012

bronx,
#64New Post! Mar 14, 2010 @ 04:30:01
That's little bit petty...and somewhat silly..
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs