Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sweet_Merry On October 01, 2023
One day. . . I will

Building my Castles in the Sky
#76New Post! Mar 02, 2010 @ 13:57:29
@boxerdc Said

They discredited his past work. This has not been discredited yet.

I actually find it enlightening that a piece that I posted here because I thought it was funny, and wondered if it would get a rise out of our "crazy" christians, actually got such a rise out of you. I suspect that you're not as sure of everything as you seem.

Or perhaps you're just a little under the weather?

but you are so determined to stand behind it and yet now you say you just wanted a rise out of people?

I knew you made me laugh for a reason.
Patt On May 05, 2010
NOT a Mafia Don

Deleted
Banned

Home,
#77New Post! Mar 02, 2010 @ 13:58:19
@boxerdc Said

They discredited his past work. This has not been discredited yet.

I actually find it enlightening that a piece that I posted here because I thought it was funny, and wondered if it would get a rise out of our "crazy" christians, actually got such a rise out of you. I suspect that you're not as sure of everything as you seem.

Or perhaps you're just a little under the weather?

Based on the past reception of his conclusions, I think the operative word here is 'yet'.

It didn't get a rise out of me. I just wanted to present his past work and it's reception by his peer group. I've done that and obviously you don't like it.

Yeah, my nose is a bit stuffy - but that's probably because it's raining this morning.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#78New Post! Mar 02, 2010 @ 14:01:33
@Sweet_Merry Said

but you are so determined to stand behind it and yet now you say you just wanted a rise out of people?

I knew you made me laugh for a reason.

Where did I stand behind it?
All I did was toss the bait, and reel it back in to see what was on the hook. And while the data is statistically significant, it holds no such significance in the real world, so it doesn't matter.

It's like discussing why frogs don't have wings. It's entertaining, and you're bound to get some kook who will insist that at some point that they did, or an even bigger kook who will spend paragraphs explaining the scientific reasons why a frog wouldn't need them.
Patt On May 05, 2010
NOT a Mafia Don

Deleted
Banned

Home,
#79New Post! Mar 02, 2010 @ 14:02:47
Why the need to bait - that's odd, don't you think?
Sweet_Merry On October 01, 2023
One day. . . I will

Building my Castles in the Sky
#80New Post! Mar 02, 2010 @ 14:03:00
@boxerdc Said

Where did I stand behind it?
All I did was toss the bait, and reel it back in to see what was on the hook. And while the data is statistically significant, it holds no such significance in the real world, so it doesn't matter.

It's like discussing why frogs don't have wings. It's entertaining, and you're bound to get some kook who will insist that at some point that they did, or an even bigger kook who will spend paragraphs explaining the scientific reasons why a frog wouldn't need them.

Can I have wings first?
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#81New Post! Mar 02, 2010 @ 14:06:42
@Patt Said

Why the need to bait - that's odd, don't you think?

Honey... Have you seen most of my posts?
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013