Forums: Society & Lifestyles:
Law

Is it a good idea to be able to open carry

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
tradtke On February 04, 2014

, Wisconsin
#1New Post! Feb 27, 2010 @ 09:20:44
In Wisconsin is is legal for a citizen (unless you have a felony) to be able to carry a gun as long as it is visible. There are a few exceptions such as schools, bars and Government buildings, but is open carry a good idea?
I believe in the right to bare arms, but I don't think that there should be some type of standards that a person must achieve in order to carry a gun in public. We have the right to protect ourselves, but is it truly reasonable that someone needs to carry a gun? If you feel so unsafe that you feel the need to carry a gun I think its time to move to someplace else.
What's most concerning to me is that most people just buy a gun and think that's it, if someone attacks me i'm going to shoot them. In reality its not that easy. Unless you train you are not going to have the reaction to actually use it. Unless you educate yourself, you are not going to know when to use it. I carry a gun for my job, and I am also in the police academy which require me to go through scenario's I am confident and I have proven myself that I know how and when and i am willing to stop a deadly threat that attacks me. I don't think that the ordinary citizen, under the stress of being attacked would even remember the gun is there.
Think about it hard....when your in the public look at someone, could you...would you actually kill that person if they attacked you. Its easy to say, but harder to think about and make it reality.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs