The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Ron Paul wins CPAC straw poll, Faux news FREAKS!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#16New Post! Feb 26, 2010 @ 04:27:58
I would be extremely surprised if Paul attempted to mount a campaign.

This was just a straw poll.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#17New Post! Feb 26, 2010 @ 08:33:24
Straw polls don't survey enough people to really be helpful in the 1st place, but we still have 2 years until the next election. A lot can happen in that time. I don't really think we should be all that concerned about what a poll says today about an election happening so far into the future.
TheMuse On February 15, 2016

#18New Post! Feb 26, 2010 @ 16:24:09
The fact that the people booed the results when Ron Paul was announced says it all

boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#19New Post! Feb 26, 2010 @ 16:34:02
@Johnny_shade Said

HAH! Faux news is desperately trying to spin the Ron Paul victory. They're seriously freaking out... I love it! Ron Paul really should run for president in 2012.

And he needs to run as a libertarian and not as a republican. I swear he messed up this past election due to it...I still knew he wouldn't have a chance running as a libertarian but this was his stepping stone to really put the party into the limelight and he messed up running as a republican. I would vote for him, but i'm not voting for him as a republican or a new alliance party member.
Johnny_shade On October 28, 2011

Casper, Wyoming
#20New Post! Feb 26, 2010 @ 16:35:04
Ron Paul says that he's not even thinking about running again yet. The booing at the straw poll wasn't surprising. The convention was still full of bush-conservatives.

As for the credibility of the poll, Mitt Romney won the past 3 years. It obviously helped him, didn't it...? Nope. I'm just laughing about faux news scrambling around trying to make sense of it all. It really shows the schism forming in the republican party.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#21New Post! Feb 26, 2010 @ 16:36:40
@TheMuse Said

The fact that the people booed the results when Ron Paul was announced says it all

I don't think it says anything other than the audience is a bunch of crazy neo-cons.

They cheered for Sarah Palin.

Casper, Wyoming
#22New Post! Feb 26, 2010 @ 16:43:09
@boobagins Said

And he needs to run as a libertarian and not as a republican. I swear he messed up this past election due to it...I still knew he wouldn't have a chance running as a libertarian but this was his stepping stone to really put the party into the limelight and he messed up running as a republican. I would vote for him, but i'm not voting for him as a republican or a new alliance party member.

I think it was quite intelligent to run as a republican. He knew he wouldn't win as a libertarian. Plus his views really are classic republican from the 18th century. By running as a republican he wasn't pegged as a "Nader."
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#23New Post! Feb 26, 2010 @ 17:06:58
@Johnny_shade Said

I think it was quite intelligent to run as a republican. He knew he wouldn't win as a libertarian. Plus his views really are classic republican from the 18th century. By running as a republican he wasn't pegged as a "Nader."

Maybe its difference of opinion. Of course he knew he wouldn't win as a libertarian, he's ran as a libertarian for long time now with a few "other party" runs in between, but I also think he knew he wouldn't win as a republican this time as well. There was no chance for him in this past election at all in my opinion. I think he missed an opportunity to bring the libertarian party to the forefront that it so needed.

He's been pegged as a Nadar just as much as he's been pegged as a Barr, and a Romney for years now. I don't know, I honestly have this feeling that he missed his opportunity to bring a third party into the forefront and it was this elections that may would have shaped future elections concerning third party candidates.

IDK its an opinion of mine, has no basis other than a deep feeling that I have that the libertarian party took two steps back instead of taking a step forward.

Casper, Wyoming
#24New Post! Feb 27, 2010 @ 02:32:00
@boobagins Said

Maybe its difference of opinion. Of course he knew he wouldn't win as a libertarian, he's ran as a libertarian for long time now with a few "other party" runs in between, but I also think he knew he wouldn't win as a republican this time as well. There was no chance for him in this past election at all in my opinion. I think he missed an opportunity to bring the libertarian party to the forefront that it so needed.

Thanks to faux news, spreading the opinion that "he just won't make it." The only thing keeping him from being president is that mentality.
Quote:

He's been pegged as a Nadar just as much as he's been pegged as a Barr, and a Romney for years now. I don't know, I honestly have this feeling that he missed his opportunity to bring a third party into the forefront and it was this elections that may would have shaped future elections concerning third party candidates.

IDK its an opinion of mine, has no basis other than a deep feeling that I have that the libertarian party took two steps back instead of taking a step forward.

Do you think he would have gained such popularity if he had stayed a libertarian???
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#25New Post! Mar 01, 2010 @ 17:32:20
@Johnny_shade Said

I'm sure he would say that this should be left up to the states.

Well.. I wasn't totaly clear. He says "Abortion is murder". That by itself brings a WHOLE tub of worms to the table for me.

Removing a atempted reproductive process from a woman that can just as easily be replicated 2 months later isn't murder.

To lable it murder brings the consiquences that follow what we as society does with other people who practice murder. The federal government and state gonvernments ususaly try and limit "murder" and punish those "murderers".

In my mind that means he is anti-pro choice.

Even if he simply sits on his hands on this subject and says "its a states issue" he is still hindering the progressive process. If he isn't part of the solution, he is part of the problem.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#26New Post! Mar 01, 2010 @ 17:37:33
@doubtingthomas Said
If he isn't part of the solution, he is part of the problem.

Wow.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs