The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Science

I know none of you know the answer to this question....

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
KAMPA On October 28, 2013
Admiral Karl Donuts

Uhlan Bator, Mongolia
#16New Post! Feb 20, 2010 @ 12:12:16
An Alternate Theory for the extinction of Cretaceous fauna!

There have been many theories down through the years for the extinction of the dinosaurs, God did it for retribution for their evil acts about 5,000 years ago!
A cosmic catastrophe! 65 MYA
Disease bearing insects,namely sand fleas! 65 MYA
But I have been giving this a great deal of thought,and I can say without fear of contradiction,it was flatulence that really caused these beasts to go extinct!
Actually a simultaneous release of gas(methane) by every single dinosaur at the exact same time was the real cause of this event!
One day, a day like every other day in every respect save one! Every dinosaur on the planet broke wind at the very same time,the sound was so loud,and the stench so horrific,that only life forms who had burrowed into the earth or lived in the sea were saved.
Those not killed outright, nevertheless would succumb shortly to the additional stench of the decomposing corpses of the others!
In the end this was the ultimate fate of all saurian life!
Admiral Karl Donuts

Uhlan Bator, Mongolia
#17New Post! Feb 20, 2010 @ 12:55:56
NikiNiki On January 04, 2011

Deleted

Villa Park, California
#18New Post! Feb 20, 2010 @ 13:04:06
And I suppose the birds flew above or were blasted above the methane, and were able to avoid hypoxia, while the rats were still sea going, like porpeye and dolfinia, by which they avoided hypoxia long enough for the methane to explode.

I think my favorite Commie, Stephen Gould, would consider your theory as a reasonable alternative, or at least as a good sequel to Ice Age.

Commie, short for Cambyses, was Gould's middle name. While being Jewish, he was also Iranian, hence the middle name. I'm sure he would believe that that the fatal event occurred during a baseball game when Cy Young Sauropod faced Babe Ruth Brontosaurus.

The first base coach, Tommy Lasorda TeeRex, noticed a tell in Sauropod's delivery, and sensing that Sauropod was about to deliver a fast ball, he yelled, to indicated that the next pitch would be a fastfall, "Let her rip." And everybody did.
Admiral Karl Donuts

Uhlan Bator, Mongolia
#19New Post! Feb 20, 2010 @ 13:09:29
@NikiNiki Said

And I suppose the birds flew above or were blasted above the methane, and were able to avoid hypoxia, while the rats were still sea going, like porpeye and dolfinia, by which they avoided hypoxia long enough for the methane to explode.

I think my favorite Commie, Stephen Gould, would consider your theory as a reasonable alternative, or at least as a good sequel to Ice Age.

Commie, short for Cambyses, was Gould's middle name. While being Jewish, he was also Iranian, hence the middle name. I'm sure he would believe that that the fatal event occurred during a baseball game when Cy Young Sauropod faced Babe Ruth Brontosaurus.

The first base coach, Tommy Lasorda TeeRex, noticed a tell in Sauropod's delivery, and sensing that Sauropod was about to deliver a fast ball, he yelled, to indicated that the next pitch would be a fastfall, "Let her rip." And everybody did.

OH REALLY?

Deleted

Villa Park, California
#20New Post! Feb 20, 2010 @ 13:24:13
@KAMPA Said

OH REALLY?

As we speak (write?) Gould's notes are being examined. His editor found a Curier and Ives liothgraph of a dinosaur baseball game, which, according to Gould, he found in the Cretaceous-Tertiary boundary.
Admiral Karl Donuts

Uhlan Bator, Mongolia
#21New Post! Feb 20, 2010 @ 13:42:43
AH HAH! Quite a discovery indeed!
Admiral Karl Donuts

Uhlan Bator, Mongolia
#22New Post! Feb 20, 2010 @ 14:38:40
@NikiNiki Said

Do birds fart? They are the closest living relative of therapods. If turkeys fart, so probably did T-Rex.

I suspect that the original flying therapods flew because of ignited digestive gases.

I have always wondered how pterosaurs were able to take off with their ungainly looking wings? I always imagined they merely stood on the edge of a cliff or something and merely fell off! But now I am coming around to the idea that they may have used JATO,jet assisted take off! Were the flatus powerful enough to lift them!
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#23New Post! Feb 20, 2010 @ 15:05:21
Every creature that has an intestinal tract passes gas. What I think is interesting is, our own farts are tolerable to ourselves, but someone Else's, now that's going to take some getting use to.

J.R.

Deleted

Villa Park, California
#24New Post! Feb 20, 2010 @ 15:36:24
@KAMPA Said

I have always wondered how pterosaurs were able to take off with their ungainly looking wings? I always imagined they merely stood on the edge of a cliff or something and merely fell off! But now I am coming around to the idea that they may have used JATO,jet assisted take off! Were the flatus powerful enough to lift them!

And Dr Von K?rm?n thought he invented JATO. When you consider that the fuel for JATO is the remains of dead pterodactyls, jet assisted reptilian flight seems reasonable.

Edit: Or maybe it's not a joke. A small jet assist, like the whipping of a cat's tail might be a real thing. At my high school, the seagulls come for lunch. They poop and takeoff simultaneously.
Admiral Karl Donuts

Uhlan Bator, Mongolia
#25New Post! Feb 20, 2010 @ 15:59:03
Perhaps not!
missygnome On October 05, 2010

lancashire, United Kingdom
#26New Post! Feb 20, 2010 @ 16:07:29
kampa, maybe this will answer your question
just copied it off a bbc news site

great question

The dinosaurs were not wiped out by a comet or asteroid impact or some other planetary catastrophe but by a serious flatulence problem, according to research quoted in a Chinese news report.
Dinosaur wind contained a high proportion of methane gas - powerful enough to damage the ozone layer, said the China Youth Daily quoting a French scientist.

"The animals, weighing from 80 to 100 tonnes, would eat on average between 130 and 260 kilos of food every day. They would fart non-stop," said the traditionally austere paper.

During the dinosaurs' time on Earth, "the atmosphere became charged with methane, which finally damaged the ozone layer and brought about great changes in the vegetation," it added.

The changes caused a food shortage that eventually wiped out the great reptiles.

The ozone layer protects living things on the Earth's surface from the Sun's ultra-violet radiation.

There are numerous theories as to why dinosaurs died out. The two most favoured theories involve:
Admiral Karl Donuts

Uhlan Bator, Mongolia
#27New Post! Feb 20, 2010 @ 16:11:21
Don't ya just hate it when you are trying to get a laugh and they take you seriously?
missygnome On October 05, 2010

lancashire, United Kingdom
#28New Post! Feb 20, 2010 @ 16:24:55

your just Miffed cos i got the right answer to me

now add it here

@KAMPA Said

Don't ya just hate it when you are trying to get a laugh and they take you seriously?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs