Forums: Society & Lifestyles:
Law

Good news for legal staff looking for jobs in Bristol

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Jeanne On April 23, 2010

London, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Feb 18, 2010 @ 15:22:37
I thought I?d give anyone looking for legal employment in Bristol the thumbs up:
Irwin Mitchell is opening an office pretty soon and they are going to employ around 27 legal staff members.

I don?t know ANYTHING about the legal industry (apart from obviously not wanting to get in trouble with the law) but I?ve been keeping a close eye on the sector for my boyfriend?s sake. And it has been looking awfully bleak the last year. A while back they even attempted to advise kids not to study law. I was so happy to see the article about the new office in Bristol because it must mean that things are looking up then?! Well at least for some firms. I?ve noticed that the recession has urged firm?s to pay volunteering trainees who they have appointed, money (between 7000 and 10 000 GBP) to wait for six months before coming to work, as seen on Legal Week . It is like getting money to take leave. But it must be awful for firm?s who need to catch-up with all the trainees they?ve appointed.

Luckily my boyfriend got a position at a small firm in the city after months and months of searching each and every job site in the country and sending his CV out to anyone who put an ad up somewhere. Forgive me if I?m boasting a bit too much but it is just such a relief to find any kind of position these days.
Good luck to you guys out there searching for employment. Don?t give up!

Cheers,
J
salinaa On May 11, 2010

Surrey, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Feb 19, 2010 @ 15:40:07
Jeanne that is great news! Its nice to hear of companies sable to open new offices ans so on! Will they be creating any new jobs or moving staff from existing offices?

Also great news that your boyf has a job now - finally after all this time! How is he finding it? Does he like it? I bet you enjoy having the extra cash coming in?
Jeanne On April 23, 2010

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Feb 22, 2010 @ 12:32:24
Nope they will be employing new staff, just some of the management will move over. So this is really great news for people looking for a law position in the Bristol area.

My boy isn't making much money at all really. But it is better than student income which is obviously pocket money from his dad. Felt weird letting him buy me stuff with his dad's money where I was the one earning my own. Also he is trying to save up for an engagement ring for me...(but this is still way in the future) but he has opened a savings account and everything (I'm not suppose to know this) but isn't it so sweeeeeet!!!!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs