The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

People who have the chance but dont take it....

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
beautifuldisaster On February 22, 2010

Sydney, Australia
#1New Post! Dec 22, 2005 @ 10:16:26
OK so I realise that the title might be a little misleading in some ways but then again it's not really....I'll just shut up and get on with it.

As the festive season arrives most peoples families come together to celebrate and you all have a grand old time but it's these times that get me thinking the most. For reasons I don't wish to mention I never had what many would consider a REAL christmas I've always been left to sit outside while my family enjoys each others company or been an added extra to a friends family where I have just felt as though I was in the way. But it's these times when you can realise how lucky some people are but they just can't realise it. I think it might be a little easier for people like myself to realise it as I'm an outsider and I know what to look for in some ways. What I'm talking about is peoples relationships with members of their families especially parents. I hear stories of people getting along with their parents and families and whilst most of the time it hits a sensitive spot for me it also makes me happy to know that people do take the chance with full grip but the others who don't make me mad. They don't realise what they have. Like the people who have both parents there for them and in some cases their parents are still together but they refuse to make an effort to get along with them. I really can't understand this. shouldn't they feel lucky they have this chance to have a real family. I would kill just for one day to be able to have a civil conversation with my mother which if happened would only be say the 8th time in my life I've really ever spoken to her in any form or to be able to walk near my father with out having to expect the unexpected. I so want to be able to have a family that I get along wih and I really think everyone who has the chance and choice to do is lucky so why do they not realise this and take it??? Why do they continue to push themselves further away from their families???
One person I know has both parents who love him but he is rude to them and it makes me so mad that he can do that why would you not want to have a good relationship with your parents and family if you could?? can someone tell me??
shaggyjebus On August 26, 2008

Deleted

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
#2New Post! Dec 22, 2005 @ 10:49:50
We want what we do not have.

It is easy to look at someone who is seemingly better off than we are and judge them, but this is not right. We can never understand another's situation.

For instance, the boy you mentioned - how can you be certain that something did not happen in the past to cause this hostility towards his parents? Perhaps his parents act all loving now but did not in the past, perhaps when he needed it more.

The point is that we cannot live another's life; thus, we must live with our own and not judge others. Sure, you maybe got screwed with your family, but there are others who "have" what you do not and are still not happy.

Do you have any reason to feel sad at all when you live in a place where you have so much freedom? A place where you are not harrassed all the time? A person living in despair in a Third-World country could look at you and wonder how you could be sad when you have so much that they do not.
justvr On February 20, 2006

, Wallis and Futuna
#3New Post! Dec 22, 2005 @ 10:53:04
Maybe you have a sense of loss about all of this, and as a result you have been
blessed with insight into the type of family you want, and eventually establish
for yourself. It may be unlikely that your own family will change at this late
stage, but your dream family may be the one you later establish, making sure
none of the features of your present family life that fail to impress you are
repeated in your household.

That way, you will be at the centre of the family life you want, protecting it and
developing it into something better than your own experience. Something to
look forward to, instead of constantly looking back with regret
tracyann38uk On July 02, 2006

Deleted

Middlesex, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Dec 22, 2005 @ 12:45:45
I can see where you are coming from, I am 41 but when I was young my dad never loved me he hated me told me he wished I was not born he even wanted me dead, he beat me a lot, but I new he was my dad and wanted him to love me, he treaded my brothers bad as well, one brother spoke to my dad bad I didn?t, there is a lot of reasons why people talk to there parents bad, some damage done from parents to kids when they were young never ever leave them, you can forgive but not forget, so its hard for people that never have there parents love them, what I don?t get is why the hell these people have kids and treat them like this, for the way I was treated as a kid I am the opposite with my kids now, they were all spoilt and had the love from a mother they should have had, and I would kill if anyone hurt my kids, you should put pen to paper and write your parents a letter , you will find they will read it , if you go talk to them how you feel they will just interrupt you at least a letter they read it all, not saying it will work but at least you can say I tried and always remember its there loss not yours,
There should be more help out there for kids as this has been going on for years parents getting away with treating there kids like they don?t matter or even shutting out one kid and not the others, I know it must be painful for you as it would anyone not just kids, stand up and be proud ask them why they shut you out or do the letter, if it don?t change then you need help to get you through this, don?t suffer alone , I did and now I wish I never because I feel all them years I wasted trying to get my parents to love me, its there loss not yours.you need hugs
tracyann38uk On July 02, 2006

Deleted

Middlesex, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Dec 22, 2005 @ 12:46:45
@tracyann38uk Said
I can see where you are coming from, I am 41 but when I was young my dad never loved me he hated me told me he wished I was not born he even wanted me dead, he beat me a lot, but I new he was my dad and wanted him to love me, he treaded my brothers bad as well, one brother spoke to my dad bad I didn?t, there is a lot of reasons why people talk to there parents bad, some damage done from parents to kids when they were young never ever leave them, you can forgive but not forget, so its hard for people that never have there parents love them, what I don?t get is why the hell these people have kids and treat them like this, for the way I was treated as a kid I am the opposite with my kids now, they were all spoilt and had the love from a mother they should have had, and I would kill if anyone hurt my kids, you should put pen to paper and write your parents a letter , you will find they will read it , if you go talk to them how you feel they will just interrupt you at least a letter they read it all, not saying it will work but at least you can say I tried and always remember its there loss not yours,
There should be more help out there for kids as this has been going on for years parents getting away with treating there kids like they don?t matter or even shutting out one kid and not the others, I know it must be painful for you as it would anyone not just kids, stand up and be proud ask them why they shut you out or do the letter, if it don?t change then you need help to get you through this, don?t suffer alone , I did and now I wish I never because I feel all them years I wasted trying to get my parents to love me, its there loss not yours.you need hugs

wow all that for 1 point come on tfs
steven On September 10, 2008

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Dec 22, 2005 @ 12:58:48
A lot of Scrooges ! I would have given you 25 points at least for all that
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs