Rage Against The Machine to play free show as reward

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#31New Post! Feb 12, 2010 @ 18:34:58
@jmo Said

I suppose that makes sense. A bit odd though really.

Yeah, they've been doing it at festivals for a while now. But even then you don't have to look exactly like the picture either so it doesn't stop touting altogether either.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Feb 12, 2010 @ 18:37:31
@sister_of_mercy Said

Yeah, they've been doing it at festivals for a while now. But even then you don't have to look exactly like the picture either so it doesn't stop touting altogether either.

They should do it for all gigs IMO. My mate wanted to go see Noel Gallagher a while back but the tickets sold out in something silly like 8 minutes. Five minutes later they were on 'tout' websites for 5 times their face value. It's rediculous.

London, United Kingdom
#33New Post! Feb 12, 2010 @ 18:39:51
@SparklyKatie Said

They should do it for all gigs IMO. My mate wanted to go see Noel Gallagher a while back but the tickets sold out in something silly like 8 minutes. Five minutes later they were on 'tout' websites for 5 times their face value. It's rediculous.

It is, but it costs a lot to set up the whole registration process I think, plus then it takes time to make sure the information is correct, which would make buying (and selling on the ticket provider's part) tickets quite a laborious process.

Maybe for the bigger gigs like the ones at the O2 and the such, but it just wouldn't be practical for all gigs.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#34New Post! Feb 12, 2010 @ 18:40:31
@SparklyKatie Said

Think it's a bit much effort really.

I mean for gigs like this it does make sense, and I suppose the likes of Glasto or bands like Oasis which will pull a huge crowd.

Regular gigs it wouldn't make much sense though. I get almost all my gig tickets from a shop in Edinburgh that buys a certain amount and sells them on at face value. The guy has a deal with all the venues in the central belt so that it's an official supplier. That would have to be stopped if all gigs did it.

Can't remember the last time I went to see a decent sized band actually. Almost all the gigs I go to are like ?5 entry
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#35New Post! Feb 12, 2010 @ 18:47:41
@jmo Said

Think it's a bit much effort really.

I mean for gigs like this it does make sense, and I suppose the likes of Glasto or bands like Oasis which will pull a huge crowd.

Regular gigs it wouldn't make much sense though. I get almost all my gig tickets from a shop in Edinburgh that buys a certain amount and sells them on at face value. The guy has a deal with all the venues in the central belt so that it's an official supplier. That would have to be stopped if all gigs did it.

Can't remember the last time I went to see a decent sized band actually. Almost all the gigs I go to are like ?5 entry

Yeah smaller gigs I guess you wouldn't need to but even semi large ones have the tout problem. When I went to see Prodigy last month (at a venue that held maybe 3000 people) a few of my friends couldn't get tickets before they sold out and there were touts selling tickets outside for ?80. I paid ?26.50 for mine.

I suppose it is supply and demand though, if people are willing to buy them at that price then there will always be an opportunity for people who aren't even fans to profit massively.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#36New Post! Feb 12, 2010 @ 19:21:32
One thing I wonder about is like people who honestly are giving tickets to other people.

I mean like say I bought a ticket to go see The Arctic Monkeys and it turned out I couldn't make it on that day. I'd probably sell it on at face value to a mate, or at the very least give it away.

Or what if like I was buying all the tickets for a few of us wanting to go?

London, United Kingdom
#37New Post! Feb 13, 2010 @ 13:09:03
@jmo Said

One thing I wonder about is like people who honestly are giving tickets to other people.

I mean like say I bought a ticket to go see The Arctic Monkeys and it turned out I couldn't make it on that day. I'd probably sell it on at face value to a mate, or at the very least give it away.

Or what if like I was buying all the tickets for a few of us wanting to go?

They would have to sell their tickets back to the vendor I assume.
With buying tickets for other people, you can register your friends providing you have their photos so it would still be ok to buy more than one ticket. It just means that on entry your friends have to have their tickets and look vaguely like the people in the photo.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs