Forums: Jokes & Humor:
Pics & Videos

Junk Mail -do you get lots to ??? -Save Our Trees

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
missygnome On October 05, 2010

lancashire, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Feb 10, 2010 @ 11:42:48
do you get lots of this/ Junk Mail, through your letter box ???
this morning alone, ive had 5 different types, 2 for Pizza, 1 for Italian Food, 1 for New Windows, 1 for Life Insurance
and they all go into my Recycle Bag
dont know how many trees are used but its a Scandle

liquer On March 06, 2010

Deleted

#2New Post! Feb 10, 2010 @ 12:08:19
Hate it...but if it wasnt for junk mail the cost of ordinary post would rocket, so be glad ya get a lot it's keeping down the cost of letter.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Feb 10, 2010 @ 12:17:47
Best way to combat junk mail ever!

Courtesy of bash.org

Save every Free Credit Card Offer you get, Put it in pile A

Save every Free Coupon You get, put that in pile B

Now open the credit card mail from pile A and find the Business Reply Mail Envelope.

Take the coupons from pile B and stuff them in the envelope you hold in your hand.

Drop the stuffed to the brim envelopes in your mail and walk away whistling.

I have now received two phone calls from the credit card companies telling me that they received a stuffed envelope with coupons rather than my application. They informed me that it they are not pleased that they footed the bill for the crap I sent them. I reply with "It says Business Reply Mail" I'm suggesting coupons to you to ensure that your business is more successful. They promptly hang up on me.

Now, I did this for about a month before it got boring, so I got an added idea! I added exactly 33 cents worth of pennies to the envelope so they paid EXTRA due to the weight. I got a call informing me about the money, I said it was a mistake and I demanded my change back. After yelling at the clerk and then to the supervisor they agreed to my demands and cut me a check for the money. I hold in my hand at this very moment a check from GTE Visa for exactly 33 cents.

liquer On March 06, 2010

Deleted

#4New Post! Feb 10, 2010 @ 12:33:37
Or you could just get a life and ignore it.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#5New Post! Feb 10, 2010 @ 12:47:21
I use the flyers from stores when I peel my veggies, easy clean up.

The ones from restaurants, credit card applications etc I just toss into the recycle bin
liquer On March 06, 2010

Deleted

#6New Post! Feb 10, 2010 @ 13:24:43
Cool use of them, I might do that to...if I ever start eating vegetables.
TheMightyOz On March 17, 2015
Awooga!

Luton, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Feb 10, 2010 @ 13:38:24
In the UK, you can register at MPS Online to have your address taken off direct mailing lists.

If you get any junk mail that contains a pre-paid envelope, attach it to a brick and post it back to them. They get charged by weight!
missygnome On October 05, 2010

lancashire, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Feb 10, 2010 @ 18:47:51

some great replies on here, thanks all,
i didnt know about the cost of normal post would go up as Liquir says, we dont want that
and this afternoon it occured to me that at least some one was getting a wage from it, so who am i to stop anyone getting off the Dole Queue
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#9New Post! Feb 10, 2010 @ 21:01:36
Recycle bin Feel sorry for our letter carrier
TriWin On June 01, 2011

Dallas, Texas
#10New Post! May 10, 2011 @ 16:44:14
in the states you can register for a do not mail list. As a direct mail company (start the booing now) we would prefer that people who do not want to get the offers in the mail would sign up. Direct mail is no longer about sending a letter to everyone. The best direct mail targets a very specific niche market with a product they are likely to want. By removing your name from potential data lists it saves us time and our clients money. It saves you a headache.

Oh and as for the tree concern. Most of the paper made today comes from trees that are specifically planted to be used as paper. The paper companies actually plant 2 or 3 trees for every one they cut down so they will have the necessary materials to harvest later. We are aware that we need to be green too.

National do not mail registry
https://www.directmail.com/directory/mail_preference/
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs