The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Relationships:
Parenting

Does a child care worker have any rights over your child?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
unicorn On March 18, 2010

Deleted

The Oaks, Australia
#1New Post! Feb 06, 2010 @ 23:23:06
The thing that I always find quite confronting is when a child care worker feels that they have more of a say of what's best for your kids than you the parent does

The both times I have pulled my kids out of childcare on two seperate occasions I was questioned, attempts were made to make me feel guilty, and to intimidate me into justifying my actions.

On both occasions I had listened to my childen's wants and needs and factored in our personal emotional and financial situation, in other words it was a well thought out reasoned decision.

I have only ever had my kids in one to two days a week, and only in the year before big school just to help prepare them for it.But on those occasions the childcare workers act as if it is their god given right to tell you what to do with your child in regards to keeping them in or taking them out.

It amazes me has anyone else experienced this phenonomen?
deeFXCKINGjay On January 21, 2012
Bannned

, Kazakhstan
#2New Post! Feb 06, 2010 @ 23:29:18
Rights are given to you by the gov. They can change and remove them at any time.

Deleted

The Oaks, Australia
#3New Post! Feb 06, 2010 @ 23:32:20
@deeFXCKINGjay Said

Rights are given to you by the gov. They can change and remove them at any time.

Yeah not exactly what I was getting at but thanks anyway.
hedkandi1984_21 On July 23, 2013

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Feb 06, 2010 @ 23:46:44
The problem is that society seems to value trained knowledge over experience knowledge. Like when you go to your doctor and they ignore what you're telling them and give you their brilliant advice lol.

Deleted

The Oaks, Australia
#5New Post! Feb 06, 2010 @ 23:49:04
@hedkandi1984_21 Said

The problem is that society seems to value trained knowledge over experience knowledge. Like when you go to your doctor and they ignore what you're telling them and give you their brilliant advice lol.

Yeah I think you've got a point there On the occasion with my son I ended up having to tell the worker that he despised her, which I had been trying to avoid up until that point, where she painted me into a corner
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#6New Post! Feb 09, 2010 @ 14:50:34
I never have; thankfully my childcare setup is awesome. The thing is that childcare staff, nursing staff, school staff, etc are all taught to look out for abuse/neglect in children. Sometimes they take that too far, wanting to be a hero or something.
tardcore On May 24, 2010

Deleted

Between a rock and another roc
#7New Post! Feb 09, 2010 @ 15:00:39
It is your child, not their's. You don't have to do jack s*** for a day care worker. You pay them to look after your child when you can't, so their only responsibility is to look after your child and not abuse him/her. So you are totally correct to pull your child out of any day care situation you and your child is not comfortable with. 8)
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#8New Post! Feb 09, 2010 @ 15:51:19
The reason they don't want you yanking your child out of their facility? MONEY!

Deleted

The Oaks, Australia
#9New Post! Feb 09, 2010 @ 20:55:21
@chisa96 Said

I never have; thankfully my childcare setup is awesome. The thing is that childcare staff, nursing staff, school staff, etc are all taught to look out for abuse/neglect in children. Sometimes they take that too far, wanting to be a hero or something.

Well this was not a case of abuse or neglect at least not by me. I'm glad you have found a great childcare facility I'm yet to find one and they are so expensive I've given up

Deleted

The Oaks, Australia
#10New Post! Feb 09, 2010 @ 20:55:58
@tardcore Said

It is your child, not their's. You don't have to do jack s*** for a day care worker. You pay them to look after your child when you can't, so their only responsibility is to look after your child and not abuse him/her. So you are totally correct to pull your child out of any day care situation you and your child is not comfortable with. 8)

Yeah that's what I thought, thanks

Deleted

The Oaks, Australia
#11New Post! Feb 09, 2010 @ 20:56:28
@deal1 Said

The reason they don't want you yanking your child out of their facility? MONEY!

Exactly!!!
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Feb 09, 2010 @ 20:59:25
My childcare is perfect. He's cared for in his own home by people he's known since he was born. It's either me, his father or my best friend and he's been around all of us (obviousy me and Greg) since birth.

Deleted

The Oaks, Australia
#13New Post! Feb 09, 2010 @ 21:07:50
@angelcake Said

My childcare is perfect. He's cared for in his own home by people he's known since he was born. It's either me, his father or my best friend and he's been around all of us (obviousy me and Greg) since birth.

Yep all my kids have had that and continue to do so I only put any of them in to childcare the year before school, but after all the failings and possessiveness I have found their, I doubt I'll be doing it again...but it also means I can't go get myself a little part time job
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs