Chili with a Side of Finger at Wendy's

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
shakin On July 05, 2005

Overland Park, Kansas
#1New Post! Mar 25, 2005 @ 13:50:17
Human Finger Found In Fast Food Chili
Health Officials Confirm Finding Was Not Hoax

A diner's meal at a San Jose, Calif., Wendy's restaurant brings a whole new meaning to the term "finger food."

Health authorities in California confirm that a woman bit into a human finger while eating a bowl of chili at a Wendy's Tuesday night. She immediately spit out the finger and warned others to stop eating. Then she got sick.

Health officials said this is definitely a first for them. They have confirmed this was not a hoax and that a human finger was indeed found in a bowl of chili, television station KNTV in San Francisco reported. They said the fingertip was about an inch and a-half long, and contained part of a manicured nail.

The county medical examiner said the human finger was cooked but not decomposed. Authorities temporarily closed the Wendy's. Investigators have seized all of the ingredients at the restaurant, and they're trying to trace them back to the manufacturer.

Officials counted all the fingers of the Wendy's workers -- and say none had a missing digit. Authorities think the finger must have come from one of Wendy's suppliers.

Investigators say it appears the finger was torn off, possibly by a piece of machinery at a processing plant. They also said it was cooked at a high-enough temperature to kill any viruses.

They are going over any records at any plants that deal with Wendy's to see if any accidents have been reported in recent weeks. But where the finger came from still remains a mystery.

The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Department will also take a fingerprint of the digit and check it with a nationwide database to see if there is a match.

As for the Wendy's restaurant, it was closed for a short while but health officials let it reopen, saying it is now a safe place to eat, KNTV reported.

Wendy's says it's cooperating in the investigation.

[color=#3333FF]To me that is just nasty. What is everyones view on this. Would you go back and eat there again after this happened? How much would you sue for?[/color]
misunderstood On June 24, 2014
Persuasive Madam!

How about you come find me....
#2New Post! Mar 25, 2005 @ 13:53:39
ewww... that is all I have to say
catlady On March 26, 2010

, Washington
#3New Post! Mar 25, 2005 @ 15:07:51
Yummm...finger food anyone??

Eghhhhh
prom83 On August 06, 2006

Deleted

Somewhere, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Mar 25, 2005 @ 15:08:52
gross
dolphinluver16 On June 19, 2008

Cincinnati, Ohio
#5New Post! Mar 25, 2005 @ 15:26:56
That is sick! I will certainly not be eating any fast food for awhile, if again, now that I have read this.
secretvixen On December 08, 2009

New York City, New York
#6New Post! Mar 26, 2005 @ 06:05:41
oh no...now im only sticking to their fries and nuggets...im already staying away from McDonalds...yuck...i'll make my own chili from now on!
sourskittles On August 12, 2005

San Antonio, Texas
#7New Post! Mar 26, 2005 @ 08:29:40
Gross... I use to work for a Wendys when i was in high school...i had to make that gross Chili all the time...it must have come from the diced vegetables or the chili sauce...ewe and if the finger didnt make you stop eating the chili..the meat that they use for the chili is left over hamburger patties that they dont use/ or burnt patties ... and they keep them in a little metal shelf above the grill all day and night ..until close...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs