Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...10 11 12
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#166New Post! Jan 13, 2010 @ 21:53:44
@retep Said

Pork Scratchings... thats IT...Anyone got the Email Address for US Homeland Security?

@iwannano Said

damn and I damn near hit the post button till I looked at where your from... s*** find it your own self I had to.

this was reply to that post

------------------------------------------------------------------

@SparklyKatie Said

Gun control itself is an international topic, Just about every country has gun control laws doesn't it? Yes there's differences but that doesn't mean that one is necessarily right or wrong and neither does it mean that, say, someone from the UK can't comment or give statistics on their opinions on the laws of a different country. Which I have done, but I've never been insulting to anyone about how people live. I just give my opinion. Whether people like my opinion or not is another matter but I feel I have as much right to air my opinion on US gun laws on a public forum than anyone else (whether they're from the US or from India).

When I post a topic about something to do with the UK I welcome comments from people from different countries. If people can't be civil in a debate and resort to insults I usually ignore them or report their post even if they ARE from the UK. But I would never think to myself "Wtf, why are 'you' (meaning someone from another country, not you specifically) posting here it's nothing to do with you".

Just how I feel.

ok maybe I should have said lack of gun control . it's the rude insults I take issue with . not the opinions that differ from mine. I ignore more people from the US on here then any of the other countries combined.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#167New Post! Jan 13, 2010 @ 21:56:27
@retep Said

It was a little light attempt at humour... but to answer your question... yes... with someone as up tight as you seem to be no doubt a great deal of what I think mildly funny would in your eyes be so un PC as to be effing insensitive... but there you go I find women swearing like men offensive but I suppose its a generation thing.

Attempted humour by saying we could weed out muslims by offering them bacon sandwiches then suggesting pork scratchings instead is a tad lame, and I'll swear if I want thankyou it's 2010 not 1950.

And usually when someone 'attempts' humour they use a smiley or put some kind of sarcastic disclaimer in the post. When people don't it usually comes across as you being serious.
\m//O_O\\m/

#168New Post! Jan 13, 2010 @ 21:58:55
@iwannano Said

this was reply to that post

------------------------------------------------------------------

ok maybe I should have said lack of gun control . it's the rude insults I take issue with . not the opinions that differ from mine. I ignore more people from the US on here then any of the other countries combined.

I agree with you, I don't think I've ever been rude or insulting in this thread but if you or anyone else thinks I have I apologise.
retep On May 18, 2010

, United Kingdom
#169New Post! Jan 13, 2010 @ 22:09:07
@SparklyKatie Said

Attempted humour by saying we could weed out muslims by offering them bacon sandwiches then suggesting pork scratchings instead is a tad lame, and I'll swear if I want thankyou it's 2010 not 1950.

And usually when someone 'attempts' humour they use a smiley or put some kind of sarcastic disclaimer in the post. When people don't it usually comes across as you being serious.

Oh smiley things how did we ever do without them?

Know what irony is?

Did the fact I asked for the Email of US Homeland Security no give you a little hint?

And just to keep you straight because you seem to be within an inch of calling me or my little joke racist I have an adopted grand daughter whom I love very much that will never be mistaken for white, I also worked in the middle east for a number of years and still have muslim friends in the Emirates that I keep in touch with.

You swear all you want if it helps.
\m//O_O\\m/

#170New Post! Jan 13, 2010 @ 22:17:50
@retep Said

Oh smiley things how did we ever do without them?

Know what irony is?

Did the fact I asked for the Email of US Homeland Security no give you a little hint?

And just to keep you straight because you seem to be within an inch of calling me or my little joke racist I have an adopted grand daughter whom I love very much that will never be mistaken for white, I also worked in the middle east for a number of years and still have muslim friends in the Emirates that I keep in touch with.

You swear all you want if it helps.

Smileys are kind of necessary on a forum, sarcasm doesn't really transmit very well via text.

I didn't realise lame meant racist, maybe I need a new dictionary.

I said it was insensitive not racist.

Good for you.

I don't swear too often but thanks for your blessing.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#171New Post! Jan 13, 2010 @ 22:20:09
@retep Said

I find women swearing like men offensive

I know this wasn't quote to me but it made me laugh like I ain't laughed in a long time, why , I cussing comes as natural to me as breathing and I learned every one of the cuss words I know working around the cowboys and menfolk in my family here on the ranch..the only cuss word my grandma ever said was damn and she had to be mad enough to spit nails to say it then.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#172New Post! Jan 13, 2010 @ 23:59:28
@jonnythan Said

So you're amazed she understood as aimed at her... but then you immediately say that it is aimed at her.

I'm confoozed.

Good

@SparklyKatie Said

I understand where you're coming from, but I like to stick my nose in and learn from other cultures. If others don't like it or can't deal with it tough, sorry but that's how I am in the street, I don't change when I come on TFS. I've learned so much from people on here (whether I agreed with them or not) and will carry on sticking my beak in (whether wanted or not) to expand my knowledge of others.

@SparklyKatie Said

I agree with you, I don't think I've ever been rude or insulting in this thread but if you or anyone else thinks I have I apologise.

@SparklyKatie Said

My apology , I got distracted and forgot I was gonna reply to this post.
, I don't think you was rude, a couple of your posts are just as you say you are IRL or on here . I didn't start this off topic topic fishing or an apology.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...10 11 12

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs