The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

you love the girl of your dreams and she loves you to but...she has a n # 2 lined

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#16New Post! Jun 07, 2010 @ 02:03:30
@amc360 Said

whats up people. my fiance and i love each other very much but..she still texts her ex alot..a good deal alot. omost like she is feeding him bread crums to keep him around.. like he is an number 2 if any thing happens.. so ive ask her about it and she deniys everything. also she wont ever let me seee her phone. but she grabs mine all the time and reads it like a bible.. need some help here. what do i do. we do love each other. she has some problems but idk. it kinda bothering me alot..

The talking to the ex isn't the real problem here. I talk to my first ex all the time too. But it is totally and 100% platonic.

Your problem is her hiding her phone, but her insisting on reading yours. The only way she could make you feel okay about her friendship with her ex is to be a complete open book with you about her conversations with him, which she isn't doing.

I don't blame you for feeling so nervous about this.

I'd let her know that if her convo's with an ex are going to be kept hidden that it could very well become a deal breaker for you. And i would point blank ask her straight up why she is hiding her phone but rummaging all through yours.

I would be completely firm on this. If she can't let you see their texts then you have every right to assume some of them are shady.
MagicBus On June 23, 2014

Boondocks USA,
#17New Post! Jun 07, 2010 @ 02:04:48
@morgoose Said

That seems like she is insecure and wanting to make sure she has a safety net in case things don't work out.
Maybe you should ask her about it since she's not being fair to either of ya'll.
This may be a pretty close minded to think, but to me, exes are exes for a reason, and that's how it should be.

i know you southern folk say ya'll a lot but cant believed you actualy typed it in a post like you were speaking it. so funny !
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#18New Post! Jun 07, 2010 @ 02:06:02
@amc360 Said

we have been dating for 8 months now. they slit about a year ago.. the ex stllthinks he has an chance with her

Ah this is redflag number two. THE ONLY way two ex's can remain in a friendship while one is dating someone else is if they both no longer have feelings .. even if she doesn't, the fact that HE does makes all of this chatting VERY inappropriate.

When i was with my last ex and was still talking to the first one on occasion, we BOTH were totally over each other and my conversations with him were not hidden from my ex. He either could hear my side of the phone convo or could read my texts.

And the conversation was VERY infrequent. Limited to if he had a question he knew I could answer and vice versa.
morgoose On September 14, 2010

Shreveport, Louisiana
#19New Post! Jun 07, 2010 @ 02:08:13
@MagicBus Said

i know you southern folk say ya'll a lot but cant believed you actualy typed it in a post like you were speaking it. so funny !

What can I say.....I'm a true southerner
I didn't even notice it until I saw your post
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#20New Post! Jun 07, 2010 @ 02:10:20
@morgoose Said

We say it a lot in my region too (virginia)
aneil On February 20, 2023

Freeport, Trinidad and Tobago
#21New Post! Jun 07, 2010 @ 02:11:12
theres a girl that i like who likes me back as well and she doesnt want to get into a relationship but she agreed that we should not see other ppl. i used to get frustrated alot about it but not so much any more.
when guys hit on her i ignore it now and she has alot of male friends that she went to high school with and i get kinda jealous when she talks to them but its not a big deal anymore.

she told me that there is no number two. its me and then everyone else is far below.
i think if you guys are engaged she should not be lying to you and you should be secure enough about her male friends. try to work it out.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#22New Post! Jun 07, 2010 @ 02:13:01
@aneil Said

theres a girl that i like who likes me back as well and she doesnt want to get into a relationship but she agreed that we should not see other ppl. i used to get frustrated alot about it but not so much any more.
when guys hit on her i ignore it now and she has alot of male friends that she went to high school with and i get kinda jealous when she talks to them but its not a big deal anymore.

she told me that there is no number two. its me and then everyone else is far below.
i think if you guys are engaged she should not be lying to you and you should be secure enough about her male friends. try to work it out.

When people say 'you should be secure in your relationship' that is assuming the person they are in a relationship with is not fostering clandestine behavior.

I couldn't with good conscience tell the OP to be secure in this because she sounds like she is up to no good quite frankly.

This is different than he just not wanting her to have male friends. I think your post rings very true if she just wanted to have guy friends and he said absolutely not.
MagicBus On June 23, 2014

Boondocks USA,
#23New Post! Jun 07, 2010 @ 02:15:24
@morgoose Said

well i saw it and was "fixing" to reply and let you know . haha love the lingo

#24New Post! Jun 07, 2010 @ 02:21:20
@GSnap Said

When people say 'you should be secure in your relationship' that is assuming the person they are in a relationship with is not fostering clandestine behavior.

I couldn't with good conscience tell the OP to be secure in this because she sounds like she is up to no good quite frankly.

This is different than he just not wanting her to have male friends. I think your post rings very true if she just wanted to have guy friends and he said absolutely not.

idk, maybe shes up to no good but maybe not.

for eg. my significant other is rarely ever up to no good but she talks to alot of guys that like her because she's trusting and stupid.

she tries to see the best in ppl too often and is far too sheltered and innocent.
there are about 8 instances where guys were hitting on her and she didnt realize it.

i kinda learnt to understand that as long as a girl is pretty she's going to be hit on by guys.

we argued a few times about it but now im kinda cool with it.

another thing, i dont think its fair to tell a girl she cant have guy friends. cause its not like they listen.
morgoose On September 14, 2010

Shreveport, Louisiana
#25New Post! Jun 07, 2010 @ 02:23:49
@MagicBus Said

well i saw it and was "fixing" to reply and let you know . haha love the lingo

Thanks, I've tried breaking the habit of saying it because I fear it makes me sound ignorant, but it always manages to pop up.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#26New Post! Jun 07, 2010 @ 02:23:57
@aneil Said

idk, maybe shes up to no good but maybe not.

for eg. my significant other is rarely ever up to no good but she talks to alot of guys that like her because she's trusting and stupid.

she tries to see the best in ppl too often and is far too sheltered and innocent.
there are about 8 instances where guys were hitting on her and she didnt realize it.

i kinda learnt to understand that as long as a girl is pretty she's going to be hit on by guys.

we argued a few times about it but now im kinda cool with it.

another thing, i dont think its fair to tell a girl she cant have guy friends. cause its not like they listen.

Does she grab her phone from you though when you touch it? I am not at all saying she can't have guy friends...what I am saying is that since she had a romantic relationship wtih this guy (an ex isn't a regular friend, this is someone you were once intimate with) that her conversations with him should be an open book to her fiancee'. She shoudln't be hiding what they are talking about like that. It breeds mistrust and concern, legitamately.

I dont think he has an issue with her having male friends. Or at least that is not what I am getting from his post. I think he just has an issue with her HIDING their conversations to the extent she does, but then wants to flip thru his phone at the same time while hiding hers.

#27New Post! Jun 07, 2010 @ 02:47:40
@GSnap Said

Does she grab her phone from you though when you touch it? I am not at all saying she can't have guy friends...what I am saying is that since she had a romantic relationship wtih this guy (an ex isn't a regular friend, this is someone you were once intimate with) that her conversations with him should be an open book to her fiancee'. She shoudln't be hiding what they are talking about like that. It breeds mistrust and concern, legitamately.

I dont think he has an issue with her having male friends. Or at least that is not what I am getting from his post. I think he just has an issue with her HIDING their conversations to the extent she does, but then wants to flip thru his phone at the same time while hiding hers.

yeah, i guess
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs