Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#76New Post! Jan 08, 2010 @ 18:45:38
@breadwinner Said

Explain how vegans have been able to live healthily then.

They cheat by pretending yeast isn't an animal. Biologically it is - it just doesn't look cute.
Humans cannot create all the nutrients they need for survival by vegetables alone.
Veganism is a moral choice - it is not a "natural" choice.

Having said that, eating cows isn't natural - eating bugs probably is. Still feel hungry?
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#77New Post! Jan 08, 2010 @ 19:31:56
I dunno if anyone saw Life on BBC recently, more importantly the Primates episode, but it showed a group of chimps hunting.

That's really hunting, screaming for blood. They were hunting a small monkey (cant remember the name). They had two at the rear, two either side and two cut in front to trap it. And once they caught it they ripped it apart and ate it raw. They sort of looked like me when i eat ribs
rogy On June 03, 2013

, United Kingdom
#78New Post! Jan 08, 2010 @ 19:52:07
@sheepy Said

They cheat by pretending yeast isn't an animal. Biologically it is - it just doesn't look cute.
Humans cannot create all the nutrients they need for survival by vegetables alone.

Having said that, eating cows isn't natural - eating bugs probably is. Still feel hungry?

Really!! - yeast is not an animal. Furthermore, animal rights theory is based on sentience or a "subject-of-a-life" construction.

Yeast is not an animal as such - but: https://aleph0.clarku.edu/huxley/CE8/Yeast.html

rogY
xLETHAL_VIXENx On January 22, 2015
Logical Alien

Your pants, United States (gen
#79New Post! Jan 08, 2010 @ 22:10:33
So how come animals can eat other animals but we cant? We are animals also! Should we make picit signs to protest that animals should be forced into veganism? How retarded, you attempt at life and this is FAIL. Why make your body suffer lack of meat just for stupid morals? I dont read the bible and I am not religious. But if you are basing your "morals" off it, you're wrong, they ate fish!
Delta62 On February 03, 2023
Natural asshole

manchester, United Kingdom
#80New Post! Jan 08, 2010 @ 22:31:35
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

So how come animals can eat other animals but we cant? We are animals also! Should we make picit signs to protest that animals should be forced into veganism? How retarded, you attempt at life and this is FAIL. Why make your body suffer lack of meat just for stupid morals? I dont read the bible and I am not religious. But if you are basing your "morals" off it, you're wrong, they ate fish!

Tried that arguement and it kind of failed because he does not think logically
breadwinner On April 16, 2010

Deleted

#81New Post! Jan 08, 2010 @ 22:54:56
@sheepy Said

I've never eaten yeast. And i've been living healthily.

What do bugs have to do with veganism? Vegans dont eat bugs either.

wtf

I hate when meat eaters think they know jack about veganism when they clearly assume the worst.
rogy On June 03, 2013

, United Kingdom
#82New Post! Jan 08, 2010 @ 23:09:31
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

First, there are billions of nonhuman animals who do not eat other animals.

Second, if you are talking about natural meat eaters such as lions and tigers, then they cannot not eat meat.

We are not in that situation - we can thrive without meat, they cannot.

We, also, are moral agents who can understand moral concepts and ideas - we assume that nonhuman animals cannot. They are moral patients.

Why limit anything just because of morals?

Animal rights has nothing to do with religious belief.

rogY
Delta62 On February 03, 2023
Natural asshole

manchester, United Kingdom
#83New Post! Jan 08, 2010 @ 23:10:45
all animals that are in the humans food chain are non humans
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#84New Post! Jan 08, 2010 @ 23:42:41
And humans are in some animals food chain..Lions and tigers and bears, Oh My!
xLETHAL_VIXENx On January 22, 2015
Logical Alien

Your pants, United States (gen
#85New Post! Jan 09, 2010 @ 00:12:27
Haha, I didnt mean that not eating meat was a religious thing.

I just dont see why ppl really fight about it. Like honestly its a matter of opinion and choice. In real life I would not be saying s*** to a person about his eating habits and how fagish it is to not eat meat. I am respectable and understanding. But here on the net, its just fun to criticize.

So you eat like a turtle, so we eat meat... Why argue about it. This life is full of different ppl and choices.
rogy On June 03, 2013

, United Kingdom
#86New Post! Jan 09, 2010 @ 18:07:33
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

Haha, I didnt mean that not eating meat was a religious thing.

I just dont see why ppl really fight about it. Like honestly its a matter of opinion and choice. In real life I would not be saying s*** to a person about his eating habits and how fagish it is to not eat meat. I am respectable and understanding. But here on the net, its just fun to criticize.

So you eat like a turtle, so we eat meat... Why argue about it. This life is full of different ppl and choices.

Sure, there are different people and different choices - but some choices end up violating the rights of others. In such cases, we do not simply accept that different people make different choices, whether it is about smoking in public or using a trafficked person as a sex or domestic slave.

The animal rights case is based on the understanding that others are also involved in, say, food choices or choices about make-up even. These others have interests because they are sentient beings - and it is that which makes our choices ethical issues.

If someone wanted to do something harmful to you or, for example, a close family member, you are not going to simply see that as a matter of choice, are you?

rogY
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs