Free Will - and the Choice for God

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#91New Post! Jan 07, 2010 @ 02:17:20
@davii Said

Genesis? It's a reworked version of a prior Sumerian story. From what I remember though, the serpent is interpreted by most in the Sumerian one as the good guy, pulling the wool from the eyes of mankind for them to see they're enslaved in a prison. It's also found in Egyptian mythology as well apparently...

interesting.
grace On January 18, 2010

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#92New Post! Jan 07, 2010 @ 11:05:54
@AmberB Said

I still think that some people would give into their evil instincts, which satan became the tempter of. Even if they were fully informed and knew it wasn't in their best interests, people have a way of ignoring that fact and going with what is easier or more fun at the moment. It's sort of like why people smoke; we all know that it's horrible for us, but we make ourselves tune that out because it's easier to keep doing what we know to be bad for us.

My question is along those lines. Even if we were shown some proof that there was no god, do you think that we would tune that information out because it's easier for us to go on believing as we always did?

Amber,

Many thanks for the civility of your responses, we'll make a fine English Gentleman of you yet.

Well, we may have to agree to differ on this. It is an obvious truth that some people will continue to smoke after a visit to the lung cancer Ward.........and there are many examples of this. But this would be a human's response to specific information - not "fully" in the sense that I intend, where a total knowledge is assumed that would cover the reality of our entire being And as Arcades has argued, such will never be the case. Which is why I reject the "free will" argument of those who argue for a definitive and final judgement of the divine against anyone. And not being "fully informed" our responses to our life situations will always meet with the mercy and Grace of the Divine rather than a definitive and final judgement. It is Love that is infinite, not "judgement". All of course, IMHO.

Anyway, all the best
Grace

P.S. Sorry, mate, forgot your final question. Perhaps it would be like the way a giant tanker stops.............slowly, with a bit of inertia?
daruma On January 10, 2010

#93New Post! Jan 08, 2010 @ 20:38:41
@aquine Said

Your acceptance of the enemy is the reason that you are continually losing the war.

God bless you.

F*****' genius
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs