Forums: Relationships:
Parenting

Gay/Lesbian Parents...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
JorieJukebox On about 13 hours ago

Right Here, Not There,
#1New Post! Jan 03, 2010 @ 00:53:43
I kind of hesitated on where to post this, lol. I was just wondering if any other gay or lesbian parents on this site that would like to share any stories... good or bad, about things you've encountered on this road.
I, myself, am a lesbian (well there was that ONE time obviously) Mom. My oldest, who's 10 now, was born to my then girlfriend. We had a rocky start, and were together when she found out she was pregnant. I really cared for her, so whatever came with that, I figured I'd take on too! Gained weight with her, got wierd cravings and mood swings with her... and helped with the birth of our son. We were together until he was about 2... and she never ever kept us apart. My youngest, who is now just about 11 months, is the product of a spur of the moment encounter with a good guy friend of mine.
I haven't really experienced any negativity outright. Sometimes people try to tell me that my oldest isn't really my son. Pffft! And sometimes explaining the situation with him leads to me inevitably coming out of the closet if I hadn't already with individual people. He considers himself lucky to have two Moms!!! And my babyboy... I couldn't imagine not having him now!!!
Anyway... anyone else have anything to share?
deeFXCKINGjay On January 21, 2012
Bannned

, Kazakhstan
#2New Post! Jan 03, 2010 @ 00:55:54
You got to gain weight with her?
That must've been the best pregnancy EVER!
dazzler On September 10, 2010

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jan 03, 2010 @ 01:16:01
@jorie_13 Said

I kind of hesitated on where to post this, lol. I was just wondering if any other gay or lesbian parents on this site that would like to share any stories... good or bad, about things you've encountered on this road.
I, myself, am a lesbian (well there was that ONE time obviously) Mom. My oldest, who's 10 now, was born to my then girlfriend. We had a rocky start, and were together when she found out she was pregnant. I really cared for her, so whatever came with that, I figured I'd take on too! Gained weight with her, got wierd cravings and mood swings with her... and helped with the birth of our son. We were together until he was about 2... and she never ever kept us apart. My youngest, who is now just about 11 months, is the product of a spur of the moment encounter with a good guy friend of mine.
I haven't really experienced any negativity outright. Sometimes people try to tell me that my oldest isn't really my son. Pffft! And sometimes explaining the situation with him leads to me inevitably coming out of the closet if I hadn't already with individual people. He considers himself lucky to have two Moms!!! And my babyboy... I couldn't imagine not having him now!!!
Anyway... anyone else have anything to share?

@deefxckingjay Said

You got to gain weight with her?
That must've been the best pregnancy EVER!

An old pal of mine grew up with two mums. Interesting at the wedding when the photographer asked for the parents to join the happy couple and Dans 3 parents gathered together.

Right Here, Not There,
#4New Post! Jan 03, 2010 @ 01:28:48
That's great My son will tell anyone who'll listen about his parental line up, lol.
PorchSwing On January 06, 2010

Sierra Vista,
#5New Post! Jan 03, 2010 @ 02:48:44
I really wish people would not judge or condemn what they aren't or what they don't understand. Everyone makes choices in life and no person can judge anyone else. Congrats on having a good life with amazing kids jorie

Right Here, Not There,
#6New Post! Jan 03, 2010 @ 02:56:44
Thanks very much!!!

Sieze the night indeed
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs