Vegan meat (i.e. Boca, Morningstar)

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#16New Post! Dec 26, 2009 @ 19:41:49
Anyways, I like vegan meat and veggie meat. And I like large chunks or patties or sausages but dislike anything that is ground...(ie like ground beef). Its the texture, I can't stand that small texture in my mouth.

It taste good and I love that it add substance to anything you cook.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Dec 26, 2009 @ 19:42:44
@boobagins Said

And I don't think its grown in the lab. It may have started out like that...but ehh all food do. The lab is our kitchen no?

Its soy, mixed with other ingredients...manufactured like every processed foods we get today.

No I didn't mean quorn or tofu is grown in a lab, I meant if we could 'grow' meat in a lab instead of killing animals, would vegetarians eat it?

It seems the main reason veggies don't eat meat is because of the killing of life thing.
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#18New Post! Dec 26, 2009 @ 19:50:27
@SparklyKatie Said

I suppose, I just don't get why they make veggie 'sausages' and 'burgers' which have always been (until vegetarianism and quorn burgers took off) meat dishes.

Why not make vegetable shaped products with protein in them?

Maybe us carnivores should develop a range of meat shaped vegetables.

Because its easier to put in between a slice of bread or to cut up. So what that its always looked at as meat product...its just ONE of the many products out there. You will find many many many many more products that are "loose" to where you can prepare it and shape it how you like. Its also much more efficient to make it to look like certain products because the equipment and fast technology for that shape are out there and easily accessible in the manufacturing size you need. Not to mention labeling, and yes its also a marketing strategy.

Also patties and sausages shapes are only looked as only meat in the western culture. In the eastern culture like mine we have many many items we form into a patti or sausage shape, or sliced thin.

But i guess its how you look at it. I don't see soy food shaped in a patti to be a meat substitute. But I do see why your point of view.
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#19New Post! Dec 26, 2009 @ 19:56:40
@SparklyKatie Said

No I didn't mean quorn or tofu is grown in a lab, I meant if we could 'grow' meat in a lab instead of killing animals, would vegetarians eat it?

It seems the main reason veggies don't eat meat is because of the killing of life thing.

Not really, I know its become prevalent to be a veggie both for a healthy lifestyle as well as the killing/maltreatment issue. But if you look at the largest population of vegetarians, its mainly due to religious beliefs than any other reason.

Grown in a lab. My answer is no. I wouldn't even eat that for the simple fact that it doesn't seem healthy at all. Even grains and veggies need sunlight. Its no lie our bodies thrive on direct sunlight as opposed to artificial sunlight. Not to mention, nutrients etc are better absorbed when its through natural sources on to artificial injects.

Kinda like the difference between organic milk and milk form cows that are eating specialized grains. The amount of hormonal difference in the milk are significant and enough to make changes in our bodies.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Dec 26, 2009 @ 20:07:39
@boobagins Said

Not really, I know its become prevalent to be a veggie both for a healthy lifestyle as well as the killing/maltreatment issue. But if you look at the largest population of vegetarians, its mainly due to religious beliefs than any other reason.

Grown in a lab. My answer is no. I wouldn't even eat that for the simple fact that it doesn't seem healthy at all. Even grains and veggies need sunlight. Its no lie our bodies thrive on direct sunlight as opposed to artificial sunlight. Not to mention, nutrients etc are better absorbed when its through natural sources on to artificial injects.

Kinda like the difference between organic milk and milk form cows that are eating specialized grains. The amount of hormonal difference in the milk are significant and enough to make changes in our bodies.

Yeah I understand your point but the 'healthy lifestyle' bit bugs me as well. Meat eaters can live as much of a healthy lifestyle than vegetarians. I wonder how many boxers, NFL/NBA players and Olympic atheletes are vegetarian compared to meat eaters. Has the health benefits of a healthy vegetarian lifestyle versus a healthy meat eating lifestyle ever been worked out? I'm healthy and I eat meat, I just look after myself and watch what I do eat.

I guess eating too much lettuce is bad for you.
Pantagruel On May 05, 2010

salford, Pennsylvania
#21New Post! Dec 26, 2009 @ 20:57:06
@eternus_somnium Said

How is it a rip off?

well, over here at least, they are about five or six dollars for a box of four burgers. I donno, but thats alot of money for a sandwich if you ask me. pretty yumms, though.
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#22New Post! Dec 26, 2009 @ 21:03:20
@Pantagruel Said

well, over here at least, they are about five or six dollars for a box of four burgers. I donno, but thats alot of money for a sandwich if you ask me. pretty yumms, though.

I think it's worth it, it's hard for me to eat a lot of red meat, it always makes me feel like crap (I'm trying to cut back on meat and animal products), so whenever I can I buy things like this. And the taste is worth it too.

I can't eat raw veggies and a lot of them by themselves just taste yucky to me so this is certainly helpful.
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#23New Post! Dec 26, 2009 @ 22:44:54
Try staying healthy on a vegetarian diet at the south pole....no matter how good it tastes, you will never get the calories needed to stay warm and active...The Science Channel had a show about the new science station they built, and when they showed the people eating, it was mostly meat...high calorie values.
Pantagruel On May 05, 2010

salford, Pennsylvania
#24New Post! Dec 26, 2009 @ 22:48:30
I would eat lots of pasta and other carbos if I was there.
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#25New Post! Dec 26, 2009 @ 22:56:12
Meat carbs have a tendency to stay with you longer than pastas..altho potatoes have the best staying power(in my personal experience), but, potatoes can get pretty old after awhile, no matter how you prepare them.
I need a balanced diet.
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#26New Post! Dec 27, 2009 @ 02:18:45
@deal1 Said

Try staying healthy on a vegetarian diet at the south pole....no matter how good it tastes, you will never get the calories needed to stay warm and active...The Science Channel had a show about the new science station they built, and when they showed the people eating, it was mostly meat...high calorie values.

Ok... i know that, I've seen the Alaska Experiment or whatever it was. However, I'm nowhere near the South Pole so I really don't care. I don't need that many calories, I'm overweight as it is.
USA On May 25, 2020

Chicago, Illinois
#27New Post! Dec 27, 2009 @ 20:58:17
Yummy for the tummy
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs