Politics

The third jihad. The true face of Islam

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6
breadwinner On April 16, 2010

Deleted

#76New Post! Jan 02, 2010 @ 08:19:05
I think extremists are just being true to their religions commands and beliefs, everyone else is being a moderate, which imo isnt being true to their religion, which isnt necessarily a bad thing for the rest of us.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#77New Post! Jan 02, 2010 @ 19:15:21
@breadwinner Said

I think extremists are just being true to their religions commands and beliefs, everyone else is being a moderate, which imo isnt being true to their religion, which isnt necessarily a bad thing for the rest of us.

I think extremists are taking literally their religious commands and beliefs, everyone else is using common sense, which imo isn't being a sheeple to their religion, which is the best thing for ALL of us.
Tako_400 On April 19, 2010
Keep Ya' Head Up

Deleted

Beirut, Lebanon
#78New Post! Jan 02, 2010 @ 19:50:27
@doubtingthomas Said

O yes thats easy.. here ya go. Not so much about eating babies.. but still some rough stuff.

There are over 500 different quotations in the Quran about doom and destruction. But that is hardly holding a candle to the over 1100 quotations in the bible.

Here are some gems from the Quran.

2: The Cow

2:24 And if ye do it not - and ye can never do it - then guard yourselves against the Fire prepared for disbelievers, whose fuel is of men and stones

3: The Family Of 'Imran

3:21 Lo! those who disbelieve the revelations of Allah, and slay the prophets wrongfully, and slay those of mankind who enjoin equity: promise them a painful doom.

Have you read the Quran yourself?
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#79New Post! Jan 04, 2010 @ 00:55:22
@Tako_400 Said

Have you read the Quran yourself?

Not front to back, but I have skimmed it and I do own a copy. The same can be said for the bible and the book of mormon. I own multiple copys of the bible. I have the cliff notes, "the bible for idiots" and the audio bible, both the king james version and new international.

And to counter all that nonsence, I have the colected writing of Fredric Niche' (or however thats spelled).

"and thus said zathura!" lol
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#80New Post! Jan 04, 2010 @ 01:01:11
@Charles Said

Has anyone ever wondered why after 9 11 when all the planes were hi-jacked by terrorists from Saudi Arabia the USA decided to invade Iraq.
Did the Sat Nav on the invasion force have the wrong co-orinants?

Nope.... Few reasons, and I'll oversimplify for the sake of humor.

1. Iraq had brown people, brown people where flying planes into buildings, brown people bad.

2. We already had a bunch of stuff near Iraq.. so.. why not?

3. Saudi Arabia are our buddies, friendly brown people.

4. Iraq had no friends, and is on the other side of Iran (aka more bad brown people) which is next on our list of places to visit with the army.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#81New Post! Jan 04, 2010 @ 02:38:44
@doubtingthomas Said

Nope.... Few reasons, and I'll oversimplify for the sake of humor.

1. Iraq had brown people, brown people where flying planes into buildings, brown people bad.

2. We already had a bunch of stuff near Iraq.. so.. why not?

3. Saudi Arabia are our buddies, friendly brown people.

4. Iraq had no friends, and is on the other side of Iran (aka more bad brown people) which is next on our list of places to visit with the army.

Brown noser!
WeNowSix On January 05, 2011

Deleted

Anaheim, California
#82New Post! Jan 08, 2010 @ 00:16:07
@buffalobill90 Said

It is Indonesia. Despite this fact, Indonesia does not stone people to death for adultery or homosexuality, women have been able to vote since 1945, the political system is democratic and secular, and its government has been decisive in tackling Islamic extremists such as the Jemaah Islamiyah. I think this indicates that there is no direct link between Islam as a belief system and Islamic militancy. The problem is more complicated than that, and blanket condemnation of muslims is obviously just going to make things worse.

I went to Southeast Asia in 1965 and 1966 when anticommunist riots killed 500,000 people in Indonesia. I remember listening to Radio Peking complain about the massacre. I don't recall anyone suggesting at that time that religion played a part in the violence, but later historians, (Kenneth Young?) have suggested that much of the violence came from Muslim groups killing other Muslims as well as everybody else. One must wonder if any of the killing was justified as a defense of Islam.

Also, while some presidents of Indonesian have been Muslim, I think Sukarno must have been a Buddhist. His daughter, also a president of Indonesia, wrote her name in the Buddhist fashion.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#83New Post! Jan 08, 2010 @ 01:51:28
@doubtingthomas Said

I get it that you don't want to come across a certian way. But its important for you to realize that you simply can't group up a section of a given population by thier religion and then have a pre-determined idea of how "Those" people are.

What your doing is called "stereo typing". One group of people simply can't be hated by the actions of its minority. Not only that, but the children and ancestors of a group of people can't be held accountable for the actions of thier fathers.

We are all just "People"... and if you honestly want peace it must start with YOU, not THEM. Peace starts from with in... it can't be given or taken.

"AMEN" to that my friend.....kudos......

Chicago, Illinois
#84New Post! Jan 08, 2010 @ 01:54:13
@KAMPA Said

You are no doubt omitting the right wing terrorist such as KKK,Aryan Nation,and various militia groups and the so called Christian Identity groups. Selective aren't you?
These right wing Terror groups are more dangerous than Islamic ones.

Exactly.....you couldn't have said it any better!!!

Chicago, Illinois
#85New Post! Jan 08, 2010 @ 01:58:11
@shinobinoz Said

I think extremists are taking literally their religious commands and beliefs, everyone else is using common sense, which imo isn't being a sheeple to their religion, which is the best thing for ALL of us.

I second that statement Bro.....
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs