If you talk to the dead, you're spiritual

If the dead talk to you, you're crazy
Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#62New Post! Dec 20, 2009 @ 03:19:10
@breadwinner Said

That rather depends on your own state at the time, surely?
Johnny_shade On October 28, 2011

Casper, Wyoming
#63New Post! Dec 20, 2009 @ 04:07:08
@breadwinner Said

I say if you do either of those, you:
1. are on drugs.

or

2. should be on drugs.
GarnerRobby On January 22, 2010

Clevleland, Tennessee
#64New Post! Dec 27, 2009 @ 00:02:00
The dead cannot talk to the living. Hebrews 9:27 says, It is appointed unto men to die ONCE, after this the judgement. People can't come back once you die, it's impossible. Luke 16: 19-31 The rich man was wanting to go back to his brothers to warn them, to get them to obey the gospel. But abraham said it wasn't possible but they were to hear and obey the gospel and be saved. 2 Thess 2:14. I hope this helps, and I welcome comments. More References Mark 16:15-16, John 3:3-5, Galatians 3:26-28, Romans 6:3-6 and many more. Thanks
davii On January 14, 2013
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#65New Post! Dec 27, 2009 @ 00:11:13
@GarnerRobby Said

The dead cannot talk to the living. Hebrews 9:27 says, It is appointed unto men to die ONCE, after this the judgement. People can't come back once you die, it's impossible. Luke 16: 19-31 The rich man was wanting to go back to his brothers to warn them, to get them to obey the gospel. But abraham said it wasn't possible but they were to hear and obey the gospel and be saved. 2 Thess 2:14. I hope this helps, and I welcome comments. More References Mark 16:15-16, John 3:3-5, Galatians 3:26-28, Romans 6:3-6 and many more. Thanks

What's your personal view then
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#66New Post! Dec 27, 2009 @ 00:18:26
Folks can communicate with the dead...although mostly it isn't the way most of us expect.
1029066 On January 26, 2010

Deleted

, Georgia
#67New Post! Jan 09, 2010 @ 04:44:46
Personally, I don't believe it is possible.
Be_led_by_His_Spirit On June 23, 2011

#68New Post! Jan 09, 2010 @ 08:03:02
@GarnerRobby Said

Hate to differ with you, but those verses do not address the matter that is being discussed. I read them all. The question is not whether a dead person can come back to the earth and live, but whether or not their souls are able to communicate with people here on earth.

Now, there's one reference in the bible that is most difficult to reconcile with what we Christians tend to believe and take for granted. A most difficult passage. But nevertheless, it's in there. I hesititate to post it, because one needs to be Spiritually trained by Jesus by His Holy Spirit through all the complexities of what it might signify. Anything else will be pure speculation.

For your study:

1 Samuel 28:3 Now Samuel [the prophet for Israel] was dead, and all Israel had lamented him and buried him in Ramah his own city. And Saul [the unrighteous king over Israel] had removed from the land those who were mediums and spiritists.
1 Samuel 28:4 So the Philistines [the enemy of Israel] gathered together and came and camped in Shunem; and Saul gathered all Israel together and they camped in Gilboa.
1 Samuel 28:5 When Saul saw the camp of the Philistines, he was afraid and his heart trembled greatly.
1 Samuel 28:6 When Saul inquired of the LORD, the LORD did not answer him, either by dreams or by Urim or by prophets.
1 Samuel 28:7 Then Saul said to his servants, "Seek for me a woman who is a medium, that I may go to her and inquire of her." And his servants said to him, "Behold, there is a woman who is a medium at En-dor."
1 Samuel 28:8 Then Saul disguised himself by putting on other clothes, and went, he and two men with him, and they came to the woman by night; and he said, "Conjure up for me, please, and bring up for me whom I shall name to you."
1 Samuel 28:9 But the woman said to him, "Behold, you know what Saul has done, how he has cut off those who are mediums and spiritists from the land. Why are you then laying a snare for my life to bring about my death?"
1 Samuel 28:10 And Saul vowed to her by the LORD, saying, "As the LORD lives, there shall no punishment come upon you for this thing."
1 Samuel 28:11 Then the woman said, "Whom shall I bring up for you?" And he said, "Bring up Samuel for me."
1 Samuel 28:12 When the woman saw Samuel, she cried out with a loud voice; and the woman spoke to Saul, saying, "Why have you deceived me? For you are Saul."
1 Samuel 28:13 And the king said to her, "Do not be afraid; but what do you see?" And the woman said to Saul, "I see a divine being coming up out of the earth."
1 Samuel 28:14 And he said to her, "What is his form?" And she said, "An old man is coming up, and he is wrapped with a robe." And Saul knew that it was Samuel, and he bowed with his face to the ground and did homage.
1 Samuel 28:15 Then Samuel said to Saul, "Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?" And Saul answered, "I am greatly distressed; for the Philistines are waging war against me, and God has departed from me and answers me no more, either through prophets or by dreams; therefore I have called you, that you may make known to me what I should do."
1 Samuel 28:16 And Samuel said, "Why then do you ask me, since the LORD has departed from you and has become your adversary?
1 Samuel 28:17 "And the LORD has done accordingly as He spoke through me; for the LORD has torn the kingdom out of your hand and given it to your neighbor, to David.
1 Samuel 28:18 "As you did not obey the LORD and did not execute His fierce wrath on Amalek, so the LORD has done this thing to you this day.
1 Samuel 28:19 "Moreover the LORD will also give over Israel along with you into the hands of the Philistines, therefore tomorrow you and your sons will be with me. Indeed the LORD will give over the army of Israel into the hands of the Philistines!"
1 Samuel 28:20 Then Saul immediately fell full length upon the ground and was very afraid because of the words of Samuel; also there was no strength in him, for he had eaten no food all day and all night.
1 Samuel 28:21 And the woman came to Saul and saw that he was terrified, and said to him, "Behold, your maidservant has obeyed you, and I have taken my life in my hand, and have listened to your words which you spoke to me.
sue2 On August 15, 2011

Deleted

cornwall, United Kingdom
#69New Post! Jan 09, 2010 @ 08:21:13
I certainly believe you can. Just because science cannot prove it dosn't mean a thing. Science hasn't got all the answers. Ive been to a medium and she told me things that she would have no way of knowing.
fitzyp On December 23, 2014

Auckland, New Zealand
#70New Post! Jan 09, 2010 @ 09:09:19
@sue2 Said

I certainly believe you can. Just because science cannot prove it dosn't mean a thing. Science hasn't got all the answers. Ive been to a medium and she told me things that she would have no way of knowing.

And the fact that science cannot disprove something is a terrible reason to believe it. The Flying Spaghetti Monster. Need I say more?

The medium told you things she had no way of knowing? If only that was some type of age old, well documented party trick...

GarnerRobby On January 22, 2010

Clevleland, Tennessee
#71New Post! Jan 15, 2010 @ 00:08:31
@Be_led_by_His_Spirit Said

Hate to differ with you, but those verses do not address the matter that is being discussed. I read them all. The question is not whether a dead person can come back to the earth and live, but whether or not their souls are able to communicate with people here on earth.

Now, there's one reference in the bible that is most difficult to reconcile with what we Christians tend to believe and take for granted. A most difficult passage. But nevertheless, it's in there. I hesititate to post it, because one needs to be Spiritually trained by Jesus by His Holy Spirit through all the complexities of what it might signify. Anything else will be pure speculation.

For your study:

Hello Friend, I'm sorry it took so long. Here's a verse to study that affirms the passage that we cannot speak to the living. Ecclesiates 9:4-6 For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.
verse5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.
In Luke 16:19-31 The rich man also wanted to go back to earth and could not. He is in Hades and there until Jugdment, he has no way to come back. He begged, if someone could go back and tell his brothers, but Abraham said they have Moses and the prophets, hear them.Also Ecclesiates 9;10. Thanks, Robby

1 Samuel 28:3 Now Samuel [the prophet for Israel] was dead, and all Israel had lamented him and buried him in Ramah his own city. And Saul [the unrighteous king over Israel] had removed from the land those who were mediums and spiritists.
1 Samuel 28:4 So the Philistines [the enemy of Israel] gathered together and came and camped in Shunem; and Saul gathered all Israel together and they camped in Gilboa.
1 Samuel 28:5 When Saul saw the camp of the Philistines, he was afraid and his heart trembled greatly.
1 Samuel 28:6 When Saul inquired of the LORD, the LORD did not answer him, either by dreams or by Urim or by prophets.
1 Samuel 28:7 Then Saul said to his servants, "Seek for me a woman who is a medium, that I may go to her and inquire of her." And his servants said to him, "Behold, there is a woman who is a medium at En-dor."
1 Samuel 28:8 Then Saul disguised himself by putting on other clothes, and went, he and two men with him, and they came to the woman by night; and he said, "Conjure up for me, please, and bring up for me whom I shall name to you."
1 Samuel 28:9 But the woman said to him, "Behold, you know what Saul has done, how he has cut off those who are mediums and spiritists from the land. Why are you then laying a snare for my life to bring about my death?"
1 Samuel 28:10 And Saul vowed to her by the LORD, saying, "As the LORD lives, there shall no punishment come upon you for this thing."
1 Samuel 28:11 Then the woman said, "Whom shall I bring up for you?" And he said, "Bring up Samuel for me."
1 Samuel 28:12 When the woman saw Samuel, she cried out with a loud voice; and the woman spoke to Saul, saying, "Why have you deceived me? For you are Saul."
1 Samuel 28:13 And the king said to her, "Do not be afraid; but what do you see?" And the woman said to Saul, "I see a divine being coming up out of the earth."
1 Samuel 28:14 And he said to her, "What is his form?" And she said, "An old man is coming up, and he is wrapped with a robe." And Saul knew that it was Samuel, and he bowed with his face to the ground and did homage.
1 Samuel 28:15 Then Samuel said to Saul, "Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?" And Saul answered, "I am greatly distressed; for the Philistines are waging war against me, and God has departed from me and answers me no more, either through prophets or by dreams; therefore I have called you, that you may make known to me what I should do."
1 Samuel 28:16 And Samuel said, "Why then do you ask me, since the LORD has departed from you and has become your adversary?
1 Samuel 28:17 "And the LORD has done accordingly as He spoke through me; for the LORD has torn the kingdom out of your hand and given it to your neighbor, to David.
1 Samuel 28:18 "As you did not obey the LORD and did not execute His fierce wrath on Amalek, so the LORD has done this thing to you this day.
1 Samuel 28:19 "Moreover the LORD will also give over Israel along with you into the hands of the Philistines, therefore tomorrow you and your sons will be with me. Indeed the LORD will give over the army of Israel into the hands of the Philistines!"
1 Samuel 28:20 Then Saul immediately fell full length upon the ground and was very afraid because of the words of Samuel; also there was no strength in him, for he had eaten no food all day and all night.
1 Samuel 28:21 And the woman came to Saul and saw that he was terrified, and said to him, "Behold, your maidservant has obeyed you, and I have taken my life in my hand, and have listened to your words which you spoke to me.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs