Forums:
Relationships

Admiration for Sergeant

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
carelt1985 On June 25, 2016

Chesterfield, Missouri
#1New Post! Dec 09, 2009 @ 12:46:50
Recently, I developed an admiration (I find "admiration" a better word opposed to "crush," I believe) with one of the Army staff sergeants/recruiters. Mainly, after my deteriorating relationship with someone else and being surprised yet impressed that the serge knew as much if not more about music than I do...yeah. This has made me even more a focused, disciplined future soldier, in his presents. The dude is about five years my senior and has been with the Army since '02. It isn't a crime to like someone who's smart, mature, and independent, right? Well, answering my own question, it isn't a crime, but it is a problem, it I don't keep it to myself. It's a violation to the Army for sergeants to date privates. That's as simple as I'll put it. Embarrassed about it, I confided in someone and we agreed that I wouldn't say or do anything. My attractions are problematics. Besides, I bet I wouldn't be his type, anyway. I'm a little wild, weird, and I lack overt femininity.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Dec 09, 2009 @ 13:19:43
Well its a good thing to raise the bar about the kind of man you would like to be with.

I know its very very hard but perhaps you should be looking for similar men but not that particular man.

At the end of the day if you really cannot stop thinking about him and you find you cannot date other guys because of your crush on him then go and talk to him about it off the record. Its not his problem but if he is a kind man he will let you know one way or the other what is the best thing to do.
carelt1985 On June 25, 2016

Chesterfield, Missouri
#3New Post! Dec 09, 2009 @ 16:28:44
@treebee Said

Well its a good thing to raise the bar about the kind of man you would like to be with.

I know its very very hard but perhaps you should be looking for similar men but not that particular man.

At the end of the day if you really cannot stop thinking about him and you find you cannot date other guys because of your crush on him then go and talk to him about it off the record. Its not his problem but if he is a kind man he will let you know one way or the other what is the best thing to do.

Thanks for your advice. I could considered other privates, but I'm not interested. The other person who I confided to was another sergeant who strongly advised me not to do anything. So, I don't about pulling him to the side and telling him. I know my emotions is all over the place, and I don't wanna bring the same mistakes over to the Army community. I don't have the slightest idea if the man's married or dating someone else. I'll ask my cousin about this for her input. She's in the Army, myself.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs