Politics

Dead man robbed at Hospital

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
JimminyBeeswax On December 20, 2009

Swamptown, USA, United States
#16New Post! Dec 11, 2009 @ 17:01:58
Emergency medical technicians stole a watch from my wrist after a car accident a few years ago. It wasn't even an expensive watch. It looked good, but it only cost $120. Things like this are not isolated occurrences. It happens all the time.
lynnielou On November 17, 2010

Worthing, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Dec 11, 2009 @ 17:13:31
Most thieves couldn't care less who they rob from, in fact they probably reasoned the guy was dead and so therefore didn't need whatever it was that was stolen anyway.
I would be really up upset if it happened to a relative of mine, although I would probably be more pissed that said relative had died of a heart attack while waiting to be treated, things can be replaced, people can't!
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#18New Post! Dec 11, 2009 @ 17:23:06
@angelcake Said

From a UK pov as far as the healthcare professionals are concerned dead people deserve the same respect as alive. When doing last offices you have to talk to them and stuff.

What...? lol!
ADUB87 On January 11, 2010

Deleted

Inside a triangle, Bermuda
#19New Post! Dec 11, 2009 @ 17:28:40
This is the nature of a petty thief who doesn't have the balls to rob a person alive, It's sick individuals like these who don't deserve to be living.
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Dec 12, 2009 @ 01:04:53
@Lili Said

What...? lol!

Yep, when cleaning/preparing a dead body you have to talk to them.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#21New Post! Dec 12, 2009 @ 02:19:39
@angelcake Said

Yep, when cleaning/preparing a dead body you have to talk to them.

What is it that you're required to say? What's the reason for that rule? That's gotta be one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard of!
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Dec 12, 2009 @ 09:39:01
@Lili Said

What is it that you're required to say? What's the reason for that rule? That's gotta be one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard of!

Yeah, we're just required to talk to them as if they were alive, so we tell them what we're doing. It's weird imo, but heyho we have to do it.
x_Laura_x On March 13, 2023

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#23New Post! Dec 12, 2009 @ 09:43:30
@angelcake Said

Yeah, we're just required to talk to them as if they were alive, so we tell them what we're doing. It's weird imo, but heyho we have to do it.

That's so f***ing creepy
Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#24New Post! Dec 12, 2009 @ 09:53:00
It's a final precaution against "false death".
Nothing and nobody is perfect, especially the medical profession, and they know it.
People tend to get a little antsy at being buried or burnt alive! If they ain't dead, or self-resuscitate, it's their last chance to speak up, or wave a finger, or bloody scream their heads off!
Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#25New Post! Dec 12, 2009 @ 10:04:50
My father had a story from his youth he was fond of telling. Bear in mind this was during WWII. He and three of his friends climbed into the local morgue, on a dare. They were sneaking through the room heading for the door, totally scared but more scared to admit it to each other, little boys bravado.
Now a thing about corpses is that they will sometimes hold quite a lungfull of air, and it can be released at any time.
There they were, steering between the bodies by moonlight, utter silence, and one of the deceased let out a slow bubbling groan, as they do.
My father says they left enough DNA samples on the floor to make the place stink for a month, and broke the door off it's hinges hitting it simultaneously on their way out!
They copped a hell of a hiding when they got home with their saturated clothes, they had all jumped in the river to clean off, and weren't about to say why!
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#26New Post! Dec 12, 2009 @ 10:42:22
@boxerdc Said

But I guess that would be a reason to back national healthcare... so nobody gets treated like that.

Actually you'll find with national healthcare, that instead EVERYBODY gets treated like that.

Although I can vouch that the legendary NHS waiting room, full of people with limbs hanging off and bleeding everywhere doesn't apply if you go in complaining of chest pains - you will be usually taken straight in!

As for robbing the dead in hospitals, fraid this is nothing new and quite common. Hospitals will strip people who have died of anything before taking them to the mortuary, to prevent some scrotes thieving. Sad but it happens.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs