Amanda Knox found guilty

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#31New Post! Dec 08, 2009 @ 00:47:27
It doesn't matter what evidence we do or don't look at, the Jury found the evidence sufficient to convict her, therefore the evidence presented must have been compelling enough to convict her.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#32New Post! Dec 08, 2009 @ 00:58:09
@jmo Said

It doesn't matter what evidence we do or don't look at, the Jury found the evidence sufficient to convict her, therefore the evidence presented must have been compelling enough to convict her.

So in other words, you really have no idea what evidence there is, but you're content that the jury didn't make a mistake because they're a jury.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#33New Post! Dec 08, 2009 @ 01:07:16
If she was innocent, why couldn't she stick with one story?
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#34New Post! Dec 08, 2009 @ 01:13:31
@eL_TinO Said

So in other words, you really have no idea what evidence there is, but you're content that the jury didn't make a mistake because they're a jury.

Yes.

The same attitude I would have about anyone convicted of a crime. If they are convicted then imo they have to be treated as if they are guilty.
josejr46 On April 07, 2011

Somerset, Texas
#35New Post! Dec 08, 2009 @ 01:13:37
@eL_TinO Said

What on earth was the jury thinking? There was literally no evidence.

"After one of the most closely-watched trials in Italy, an American college student and her former Italian boyfriend were found guilty of murdering her housemate two years ago in this picturesque university town."

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/05/world/europe/05italy.html?_r=1&hp

She knows what happen that night
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#36New Post! Dec 08, 2009 @ 12:10:32
The prosecution case against Ms Knox was as flawed as hell and if this had happened in my country it's unlikely that she would even have been charged, let alone convicted.

The evidence against her was mostly circumstantial, eg: the DNA on the knife.

She retracted her confession, but that is easy to do. The problem was (and I haven't seen the confession, all I know is the way in which it has been reported)that a lot of her original confession dovetailed with much of the circumstantial evidence against her, and her subsequent statements didn't really stand up under scrutiny.

She did lie to the police and her demeanour was suspicious, but that in itself is not enough to convict.

Frankly, there wasn't a lot of hard forensic evidence and as I said, it wouldn't get past the CPS here, in my opinion. Unfortunately, the crime wasn't committed here. It was committed in Italy and it is their judicial system that tried the case. I personally don't like it and I would be extremely worried if I were an innocent party facing that kind of legal process.

However, Ms Knox did herself a lot of no good with her conduct. She may have done herself a few more favours if she had not appeared so blase about the whole thing. If she had appeared contrite..... humble.... respectful.

Rather, she made it easy for the prosecution to present her as a promiscuous drugs abuser who was cocky, arrogant and showed no remorse at the death of an innocent woman. If you put all the various factors into the mix of a murder committed in pursuance of a violent sex game that the victim did not want to participate in, then frankly, she did half the prosecution's work for them.

I don't know if she was guilty or not. I haven't seen the evidence. All I know is what I have read in the papers, like all of us here......... and depending where you read your papers, your view may differ from mine.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs