Pages: << · 1 2
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#16New Post! Nov 29, 2009 @ 23:12:30
@Jason13 Said

Like the slack given to us when banned without a warning? Of course

Dude, the terms of service is your warning.

Its not my fault someone doesn't read what they agree to. I'd offer to read it to people but I don't get paid enough to do that. and apparently my work thinks I need to show up in order to get paid, and with money I can't live in the lifestyle in which I am accustomed too.
Jason13 On October 22, 2010

Melbourne, Australia
#17New Post! Nov 29, 2009 @ 23:18:32
@DiscordTiger Said

Dude, the terms of service is your warning.

Its not my fault someone doesn't read what they agree to. I'd offer to read it to people but I don't get paid enough to do that. and apparently my work thinks I need to show up in order to get paid, and with money I can't live in the lifestyle in which I am accustomed too.

TOS is not a warning, it is a contract. Much like getting a drivers license is a contract agreeing to obey the road and traffic laws. But cops will still give you a warning for certain things. The way you describe it, makes us all sound like Jews in Nazi occupied Poland
MartianLeader On February 20, 2015
PazuzuPossessed

Exorcist Drive,
#18New Post! Nov 29, 2009 @ 23:23:07
@Jason13 Said

TOS is not a warning, it is a contract. Much like getting a drivers license is a contract agreeing to obey the road and traffic laws. But cops will still give you a warning for certain things. The way you describe it, makes us all sound like Jews in Nazi occupied Poland

Its still a bunch of rules though. If you don't follow them you will be banned or punched for it. I have had both and know my right ways now.
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#19New Post! Nov 29, 2009 @ 23:30:01
@Jason13 Said

Remember, posting here is a privilege, NOT a right. You read the TOS? Then it's a no brainer what is allowed and what isn't. It's not rocket science. If you have any doubts, ask in the Site Support thread and I'm sure you'll get a very crystal clear answer to your question.

J.R.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#20New Post! Nov 29, 2009 @ 23:32:50
@Jason13 Said

but the contract says:
3. Member Conduct
Pursuant to this Agreement, you agree not to:
25. Complain about not receiving a "warning" or "notice" before being punched and/or banned. This Terms of Service serves as your warning.

Not that I'm saying you are complaining, but the contract says its the warning, thats why we don't always warn.
I do understand, but sometimes cops do give tickets without a "warning" first depends on what it was, and how bad it was. and some cops give warning after warning.
I've dealt with both in real life. I do agree that a ticket with no warning sucks, but I still should not have been going 104mph in well marked 75mph zone. I was lucky the cop tagged me at the top of the hill, and it was only a ticket for 98mph, 104 would have been in a higher penalty bracket.
Jason13 On October 22, 2010

Melbourne, Australia
#21New Post! Nov 29, 2009 @ 23:38:56
I love winding you guys up, somedays it's a lot easier than others too
MartianLeader On February 20, 2015
PazuzuPossessed

Exorcist Drive,
#22New Post! Nov 29, 2009 @ 23:52:45
@Jason13 Said

I love winding you guys up, somedays it's a lot easier than others too

HEY!

View Image