Travel

The journey from hell/heaven thread.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#1New Post! Dec 11, 2005 @ 00:38:12
Once again I find myself lamenting the lack of a travel forum. Hint hint.

Anyhoo, this is the thread to discuss good or bad journeys. Any airline, coachline, ferry link, taxi company is fair fodder for this thread. Perhaps you can summarise at the end with a thumbs up or down for the particular company.

This is inpired by Jill's recent nightmare with American Airlines - https://www.theforumsite.com/blog.php?item=7233

I'll start with the above story and a:

Big thumbs down for American Airlines.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#2New Post! Dec 11, 2005 @ 00:57:48
Last time I went to Germany I was supposed to fly to minneapolis then to detroit, then to frankfurt.

Well, we sat in the plane at the gate for two hours supposedly due to "fog" at the minneapolis airport.

Of course, I missed my flight to detroit, and therefore my flight to frankfurt.

So, they decided to put me on a plane to amsterdam and then to frankfurt.

Well, we land in amsterdam when there is ZERO visibility due to fog! I felt a bump and didn't even know we were on the ground until we came out of the fog... and fog was the reason my original plane was delayed!

Then, my plane to frankfurt was delayed by like two hours, then we were forced to stand in this hot airport bus for about an hour... then we had to circly frankfurt for like an hour before we were allowed to land

I ended up getting into frankfurt like 6 hours late.

NORTHWEST Airlines blows!!
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Dec 11, 2005 @ 00:59:28
I had a wicked flight with Lufthansa and im usually like Mr T so i had a good one

No delay, no probs
svierge On January 24, 2011

minneapolis, Minnesota
#4New Post! Dec 11, 2005 @ 01:04:04
AIRTRAN HORROR STORIES:

I flew down here to Orlando to see my daughter. I had my grandson with me. We were delayed in Atlanta due to a thunderstorm. Then they decided to take off, stating,"you'll see some lightning on your left, but soon we'll be out of the bad weather." About 5 minutes into the ascent, LIGHTNING hit the left wing and illuminated the whole sky momentarily. Then we encountered the worst turbulence I have ever flown through in my life. I almost shat my pants. I needed a flat stick when we got off the plane. My grandson says,"Can we go see the Tower of Terror now?" I said, "Isak, we were just ON the tower of terror."
svierge On January 24, 2011

minneapolis, Minnesota
#5New Post! Dec 11, 2005 @ 01:07:34
When I was in my early twenties I was a member of the Swedish UN contingent to Cyprus, Unifcyp. I flew to Athens first once on Olympic airways. The frickin' Greeks loaded us all on this fifth wheel cattle trailer and left us out on the hot tarmac of the old Hellinikon Airport for about 45 minutes to bake in the Mediterranean sun. Holy sweet Jesus, I thought that I'd died and went look for the ferryman to ferry me across to Hades.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs