TFS+

Americans have no respect for culture or true democracy

AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#106New Post! Nov 17, 2009 @ 20:14:24
@angelcake Said

Oh it's scary though, there's nice and muscley and then there's not being able to put your arms by your side!

You say that like it's a bad thing.
How about this one then?
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#107New Post! Nov 17, 2009 @ 20:17:30
@boxerdc Said

You say that like it's a bad thing.
How about this one then?

still too much for me personally. It looks like he'd spend more time in the gym than with anyone.

My perfect 'fantasy' man is

He's old enough to be my Dad but I don't care! Same with Eric Dane and Eric Bana
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#108New Post! Nov 17, 2009 @ 20:21:18
@angelcake Said

still too much for me personally. It looks like he'd spend more time in the gym than with anyone.

My perfect 'fantasy' man is

He's old enough to be my Dad but I don't care! Same with Eric Dane and Eric Bana

Too much hair for me.
I'll stick with Star Spangled Joe. God bless the USA!
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#109New Post! Nov 17, 2009 @ 20:21:55
@boxerdc Said

Too much hair for me.

Oh I like the hair, gives you something to grab hold of
spellchick On October 02, 2012
Go away, I'm baitin'

, Oklahoma
#110New Post! Nov 17, 2009 @ 21:30:11
@boxerdc Said

Too much hair for me.

God Bless America, indeed.
tardcore On May 24, 2010

Deleted

Between a rock and another roc
#111New Post! Nov 17, 2009 @ 23:20:31
@Michael718 Said

To aviod cheap sniping on the title maybe I'll go with something less provocative.

Just because you have no history of your own, and your "culture" is based on greed, self-preservation and hedonism, doesn't mean everywhere else is like that, and they don't want you to force them into it.

Your nation is a laughing stock, your foreign policy is sickening and all the while you hide behind a veil of Evangelical righteousness.

And to get this straight i'm not attacking all Americans.

As the title suggests, only those who have no respect for other cultures, or indeed any knowledge of their own history.

I agree with you.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#112New Post! Nov 17, 2009 @ 23:53:42
This thread to me is kinda like this.

We invented some stuff.
Yeah? So? We invented some stuff too.

But you've done some bad things.
Yeah, you've done some bad things too.

Both America and Britain have done some amazing things and both have done some pretty s***ty things too.

*Thread closed*

tantan On May 21, 2011

Jacksonville, Florida
#113New Post! Nov 18, 2009 @ 00:42:13
@Michael718 Said

Not all americans. But american culture.

Hope ya know that people make up a culture, so unless you hate ALL of us Americans, you should revise what you say..
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#114New Post! Nov 18, 2009 @ 08:19:22
what do you mean culture? I dont really understand this.

American culture in itself is all over the world. American galleries are home to some of the worlds most prized paintings. They have theatre, ballet, opera. A lot of free art. They made a sculpture from the french the first thing you see when you sail into new york.

American culture is a wonderful pot full of native american, mexican, african, aisian and european influences.
aceuvclubs On August 22, 2020
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#115New Post! Nov 18, 2009 @ 09:15:58
@Michael718 Said

Name me one war america has gotten involved in thats not to protect outside interests? If thats not an indictment of a bankrupt society then what is?

Okay. WWII. We took a National Defense posture. We had no intention to fight in Europe or Asia and only intended to provide assistance to other Democracies threatened by other nations but took no actions that would constitute an act of war.

A part of Roosevelt's State of the Union address in January 1941

"First, by an impressive expression of the public will and without regard to partisanship, we are committed to all-inclusive national defense.

Secondly, by an impressive expression of the public will and without regard to partisanship, we are committed to full support of all those resolute people everywhere who are resisting aggression and are thereby keeping war away from our hemisphere. By this support we express our determination that the democratic cause shall prevail, and we strengthen the defense and the security of our own nation.

Third, by an impressive expression of the public will and without regard to partisanship, we are committed to the proposition that principles of morality and considerations for our own security will never permit us to acquiesce in a peace dictated by aggressors and sponsored by appeasers. We know that enduring peace cannot be bought at the cost of other people's freedom."

It was only after Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor that Roosevelt made a declaration of war and it wasn't to "protect outside interests". It was to defend the United States from outside agressors. As everyone knows, that Declaration of War was against only the Empire of Japan on December 8th 1941 after their sneak attack the previous day. That Declaration wasn't against any other nations, only against the nation that attacked American soil.

Italy and Germany made their own declarations of war against the United States on the 11th of December, and it wasn't until after their Declaration against the United States that the President also declared war on them.
beatboxer On March 25, 2010

, United Kingdom
#116New Post! Nov 18, 2009 @ 09:28:52
@eL_TinO Said

British have no respect for culture or true democracy

And to get this straight i'm not attacking all British.

As the title suggests, only those who have no respect for other cultures, or indeed any knowledge of their own history.

Clearly.

By British, I hope you mean, English. Scottish people know their history and we love our culture and language.
diomedes On March 22, 2013

Long Beach, California
#117New Post! Nov 19, 2009 @ 00:20:18
I find it funny that the OP has pretty much just pussied off, I guess her b**** fit, or was it her period?... I'm not sure but one of those just ended because from what I see here. She doesn't seem too willing anymore to step up and defend her silly notion that "Americans have no respect for culture or true democracy".
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#118New Post! Nov 19, 2009 @ 00:32:20
OP is a guy.
diomedes On March 22, 2013

Long Beach, California
#119New Post! Nov 19, 2009 @ 04:15:07
@jonnythan Said

OP is a guy.

I know, I'm just hoping that he sees that I got his gender incorrect and gets all pissy.
RoyalgingerD On January 25, 2010

Gingerland, United Kingdom
#120New Post! Nov 19, 2009 @ 11:04:20
@Michael718 Said

To aviod cheap sniping on the title maybe I'll go with something less provocative.

Just because you have no history of your own, and your "culture" is based on greed, self-preservation and hedonism, doesn't mean everywhere else is like that, and they don't want you to force them into it.

Your nation is a laughing stock, your foreign policy is sickening and all the while you hide behind a veil of Evangelical righteousness.

And to get this straight i'm not attacking all Americans.

Hi five brother!!!
Locked<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)