The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Abortion

Marijuana's effects on surgical abortions?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
confuzled On November 13, 2009

Vancouver, Canada
#1New Post! Nov 13, 2009 @ 09:05:34
What are the effects? Is it dangerous to smoke marijuana 3 days after the surgical abortion?
I have read all the medical abortions and marijuana saying that it doesn't effect it .. but what about surgical?

Also to people who are going to shun my age, I am NOT 13.
Didn't really fill out any real information as I don't plan on posting here often, I just wanted a question answered that I could not find ANYWHERE else on the internet.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#2New Post! Nov 13, 2009 @ 09:07:36
You will die.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#3New Post! Nov 13, 2009 @ 09:13:20
@confuzled Said

What are the effects? Is it dangerous to smoke marijuana 3 days after the surgical abortion?
I have read all the medical abortions and marijuana saying that it doesn't effect it .. but what about surgical?

Why not call up the doctor that performed the abortion and get his advise? If the laws are the same there as here the is a doctor patient confidentiality deal ...
The21stCenturyCure On March 12, 2010

, Maryland
#4New Post! Nov 13, 2009 @ 09:17:41
@confuzled Said

I have had 2 abortions. I smoked weed before and after both. It took my mind off any cramping I had, made me pretty chill, and I'm damn glad I had some. But most doctors aren't going to support you smoking ANYTHING, so I would suggest not mentioning it to the doctor. If you already smoke it, and you're considering an abortion, I would recommend having some afterward, possibly with a good friend or significant other.
arcades On August 08, 2013

Northbay, Canada
#5New Post! Nov 13, 2009 @ 09:20:13
@The21stCenturyCure Said

I have had 2 abortions. I smoked weed before and after both. It took my mind off any cramping I had, made me pretty chill, and I'm damn glad I had some. But most doctors aren't going to support you smoking ANYTHING, so I would suggest not mentioning it to the doctor. If you already smoke it, and you're considering an abortion, I would recommend having some afterward, possibly with a good friend or significant other.

Good thing you had the abortion because THC resembles chemicals in the developing fetal brain that cause it to develop wrong.

Vancouver, Canada
#6New Post! Nov 13, 2009 @ 09:25:09
@arcades Said

Good thing you had the abortion because THC resembles chemicals in the developing fetal brain that cause it to develop wrong.

Actually, there have been research done that smoking marijuana while pregnant does not effect the baby. In fact, 90% of women in that test said that it helped with their morning sickness and helped them relax. Also, almost every woman that I have met that has smoked marijuana during their pregnancy, had healthy beautiful babies.

Vancouver, Canada
#7New Post! Nov 13, 2009 @ 09:26:20
@The21stCenturyCure Said

I have already had mine, I have smoked a little so far .. but someone told me that it will can really do bad damage to me and my healing .. but you healed well? No extra bleeding for more days?

Northbay, Canada
#8New Post! Nov 13, 2009 @ 09:31:50
@confuzled Said

Actually, there have been research done that smoking marijuana while pregnant does not effect the baby. In fact, 90% of women in that test said that it helped with their morning sickness and helped them relax. Also, almost every woman that I have met that has smoked marijuana during their pregnancy, had healthy beautiful babies.

Well this is taken from scientific research and published in 2009.

Here it is word for word.

Bad news for all you moms-to-be who want to mellow out a little: Smoking pot can harm your babies brain.

Research reveals that fetal brain development is governed, in part, by molecules in the brain that resemble THC, the active substance in marijuana. These molecules help the neurons in the developing brain establish connections. That means that any THC that gets into the fetal brain (from a pot smoking mom) could disrupt this process and lead to improper mental wiring.

Vancouver, Canada
#9New Post! Nov 13, 2009 @ 09:33:48
@arcades Said

Well this is taken from scientific research and published in 2009.

Here it is word for word.

Bad news for all you moms-to-be who want to mellow out a little: Smoking pot can harm your babies brain.

I would like proof please.
Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#10New Post! Nov 13, 2009 @ 09:36:15
Don't listen to the nay-sayers and nasties, my ex smoked her brains out through four children, and three abortions, and all her kids are fine healthy professionals now, and so's she, damn her eyes!

You'll be fine!

Northbay, Canada
#11New Post! Nov 13, 2009 @ 09:36:19
@confuzled Said

Lol sorry wasn't done posting.

I hit the tab key to start a new paragraph and it posted instead.
The21stCenturyCure On March 12, 2010

, Maryland
#12New Post! Nov 13, 2009 @ 09:36:36
@confuzled Said

I have already had mine, I have smoked a little so far .. but someone told me that it will can really do bad damage to me and my healing .. but you healed well? No extra bleeding for more days?

I healed just fine, and didn't have much bleeding. Just avoid alcohol while you're recovering. And remember that bleeding is different for everyone, and I'm sure they told you what is too much. My first abortion was surgical, and I was about 5 weeks, and there was very little blood. I smoked a lot of weed, and all it did was make me feel a lil better so I could watch movies and eat and stuff while recovering. Like I said, if you already smoke it, go for it. And ignore the puritans.

Northbay, Canada
#13New Post! Nov 13, 2009 @ 09:38:26
@confuzled Said

Well you can go out and buy the book "instant egghead guide to the brain" Published by Emily Anthes and scientific american.

Or you can look it up on credible science sites.

Vancouver, Canada
#14New Post! Nov 13, 2009 @ 09:40:01
@The21stCenturyCure Said

I healed just fine, and didn't have much bleeding. Just avoid alcohol while you're recovering. And remember that bleeding is different for everyone, and I'm sure they told you what is too much. My first abortion was surgical, and I was about 5 weeks, and there was very little blood. I smoked a lot of weed, and all it did was make me feel a lil better so I could watch movies and eat and stuff while recovering. Like I said, if you already smoke it, go for it. And ignore the puritans.

Thank you

After about 2 hours of searching, and asking and only ever getting "You are a baby killer"
I actually like how open minded people are here, not everyone is telling me that I am a horrible person.

Northbay, Canada
#15New Post! Nov 13, 2009 @ 09:41:20
@confuzled Said

Here ya go.

https://www.antidrug.health.am/news/english/addiction/2917/

As I said this has been proven and is commonly accepted within the scientific community.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs